BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes the background streaming tweak breaks the game.
    there was one point where i had to go through a door, and the whole room section wasnt there, it was blank! i could jump under the map! (falling to death obviously)

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    allready ttied yesterday, no difference.

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i tried, kinda helps but still. UE3 had always problem like that but not to that extent... hope they fix it asap.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Treid setting memory pool sizes (both of them) to my max VRAM limit and it seems to have help dramatically! I never exceed 1.2GB VRAM now and even going from one area to the next it jumps for literally a split second and then its loaded the next area.

Also disabling smooth frame rate from true to false in the .ini helps but I found leaving this option on makes little to no difference.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So does the current SM5FXAA=False setting work if set to True (it's one of the Engine.ini settings)? The game only seems to currently use the FXAA=True setting.

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just finished the game, great game :)
    not very long though, 9.5 hrs

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  7. mikeym

mikeym Guest

GPU:
    HD 4870 x2
    I have an old 4870 X2 and the game runs pretty well on it but it is only using one of the GPUs. Can anyone tell me how to get it working on both of them please?

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    mikeym you might need to download the CAP from AMD for your card as its now a legacy card and is not offically supported by AMD drivers anymore.

POSSIBLE STUTTER FIX

I think I found something rather interesting out. I think the game has a fullscreen bug that causes stutter.

I have since set both my memory pools back down to 1024 as it was causing me to have very jumpy fps with it set to my max 3072 VRAM so thats a no go.

But then I came across this...

Enable the game to run in FULLSCREEN BORDERLESS WINDOWED MODE!!!

In one scene I ALL maxed out everything on ultra I stand looking out into the distance after just killing every enemy on screen so there was no A.I other than Elizabeth and I was dropping to 50fps which in this game with vsync enabled feels like 20fps (no vsync causes quite a lot of tearing).

But then I changed to FULLSCREEN BORDERLESS WINDOWED MODE and bamn... the same scene I didnt even move and its 60fps solid hovering around 59-60fps....

PLEASE someone else try this and see if it works for you. The game options say that fullscreen windowed mode may cause less performance but for me its better and my mouse movements feel a lot smoother too. I want to see if this can be replicated on other machines.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    eh isnt windows fullscreen mode what we should be running anyways? (runs off to check).

10. mikeym

mikeym Guest

GPU:
    HD 4870 x2
    Thanks RedDawn. I have the latest driver, 'AMD_Catalyst_13.3_Beta3', and have installed 'AMD_Catalyst_12.11_CAP2' but it still doesn't work on both GPUs.

Using Catalyst Control Centre I have tried forcing it to use both 'AFR Friendly' and 'Optimise 1x1' but neither work.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    tried this yesterday, also windows borderless program. didnt change a thing for me

12. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    We have to wait for a patch.
    Devil may cry UE build runs fine with no problems. Does anyone know which is UE build for Bioshock Infinite ?

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I dont think you explored enough the game.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    there is no explore besides going inside a few houses. its very liniar

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ahh "windowed", if anything this runs worse for me than fullscreen.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Chrono trigger, some are saying.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I honestly dont get it, I am running the game now with 60fps all maxed out with an occasional dip to 55fps (only in large open areas but very rare) but it still feels smooth unlike before in fullscreen which felt like 50fps was 20fps. Also GPU usage has gone up too around 70-85% now before it was 40-60%.

EDIT:

ALT+TAB out of the game and bring up task manager and set bioshock infinite exe to high. Also noticed that the exe is only 32bit... Is there any talk of a 64bit exe so the game can see more memory?

Also, people who are reporting high VRAM seem to be people using crossfire or SLI... wont Afterburner combine your TWO GPU's VRAM and think its one pool of memory instead of mirrored? I had this when I had 2 7970's in crossfire, BF3 would go up to around 4GB VRAM usage, but it was just Afterburner showing both pools of memory being loaded as one pool.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I did not even know that 13.3 beta 3 supported the 4 series cards... I thought they were only for 5,6, and 7 series. Unless your using modded one?

Also if you do have 13.3 beta 3 you might want to uninstall the CAP as 13.3 beta 3 already contains a built in CAP that is much newer than 12.11 CAP2

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    :thumbup:

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    There's quite a bit of exploring to be done. I've found many side rooms hidden off the path the game wanted me to take with some nice goodies in them. A couple gear items and some of those infusion thingies.