BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Search on youtube, there's footage from the PS3 version including the ending.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    This game is developed by the team behind Bioshock 1 and we already know the PC version has a number of enhancements, console version is getting a lot of praise too.
    (By both that IGN review and other people whom downloaded the leaked version or otherwise got the game early.)

Or did you mean something with UE3 in general?

3. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    I have searched youtube for the ending and found nothing , I did read they had took down the only vid as the game devs had asked for it to be taken down

4. crap daddy

crap daddy Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Got the key from AMD, pre-loaded from Steam. They promised to deliver all by launch date.

5. Unraveling

Unraveling Member

GPU:
    HD 7950@1000/1500
    i buy at gmg but the key dont work on steam :(

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    It's steamworks game, aka Steam is it's DRM, even retail boxed editions will need Steam.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You might have tried the industrial revolution key.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This isn't a stock UE3 game though, the engine was modified a bit to their likings. Sort of how Bioshock and Bioshock 2's modified UE2 engine was.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does this game support the Xbox 360 controller as well? I loved playing the first PC game with the controller then the sequel dropped it for mouse and keyboard only controls which I never got on with so I ended up buying it for the Xbox 360! I hope this game supports both; there is absolutely no reason not to these days. PCs are no longer the domain of the office and bedroom, people have them in their living rooms too connected to their large screen HDTVs so it makes no sense to not support the controller except it games where it's not practical (strategy-type games).

10. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Pretty sure it does yes.

- BI is a DX11 game

- support for multi-monitors

- Great widescreen support (wider your screen, more you see)

- controller support with multiple layouts

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013

11. Unraveling

Unraveling Member

GPU:
    HD 7950@1000/1500
    yep.

i cant pre load the game... waiting :(

12. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    "As you go up from there to the High, Very High, and Ultra settings the difference is enormous."

"Having a PC Strike Team full of passionate PC gamers was by far the biggest factor in making the PC version so good. These folks were playing the game on PC every day, advocating for what they thought was necessary to make a high-quality PC title. The "Windowed Fullscreen" display mode is there because Doug Marien prefers to play that way and advocated for it. Our Steam Cloud support is great because Shane Mathews wouldn't settle for anything less and argued that PC gamers would expect it. Steve Anichini and his rendering team pushed hard to change the entire renderer to DX11 and to add in scalability options so we could take full advantage of the latest PC hardware. The UI team fought to make sure that their UI was mouse-friendly, displayed properly in higher resolutions, and had input bindings that changed instantly when you switched from controller to keyboard. My contribution was the in-game FOV adjustment control."

:)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/bioshock-infinite-the-pc-version-difference

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    makes me wonder why people make such a big deal out of the PC version looking better than the console version. that's only the case like... 100% of the time anyway?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

16. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    That looks impressive.

Can't wait to play it! Looks like their PC team and AMD did a great job porting it.

17. Dorak

Dorak Member Guru

GPU:
    XXX
    Seriously hope they didn't optimized the game for AMD or some crappy bull**** like that because they got paid by them.

I got a feeling it will be the case, though.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, it's a game that comes bundled with AMD cards so we'll see. still haven't seen anything extra ordinary from this game from graphics point of view. that doesn't worry me much, what worries me is that it looks very scripted from what I've seen on YouTube so far. we'll see.

19. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Yea, The game is very disney/pixar looking from an art style pov.
    Some idiot on ign posted what seems to be the ending spolier in the comments,
    I got a quick glance at it and once I realized it's a spoiler I stopped but it was too late.
    That damn idiot probably ruined my experience.:wanker:
    I'm so pissed right now.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The AMD funded games haven't been that bad anyway, so i'm not expecting anything too bad when it comes to Nvidia cards.

A game being optimised for a brand you don't own comes with the territory if your a PC gamer, just too many Nvidia owners have been used to them having the upper hand.

I think this good looks very good atmosphere wise, and visually it looks pretty nice too, gameplay wise i'm not 100% convinced yet but i will wait until release day and see the comments before i start judging that part.