Bioshock 2 better visuals ?!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nelsonica2007, Jan 21, 2010.

1. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Active Member

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    :nerd:Will Bioshock 2 have better visuals or the same console type unreal engine ???
    they should really get riid of that engine, all the games that use it look the "same".

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    As far as i know the new Bioshock will use the Unreal 3.0 Engine (Latest Build probably) so do not expect anything ground breaking visual like Crysis in this matter.

3. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Active Member

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    I did not mind the visuals of bioshock but that was 3 years ago and i "invested" in 2 x 5870 and nothing to use them for ..... everything is made for those stupid consoles ( i have a ps3 and a xbox360 ) gggrrrrrrrrr :wanker:

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Get a big ass monitor and play at 2560 x 1600 16xQAA.

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Well the game will probably utilize some new features on the Unreal 3.0 Engine (If any left) so that it looks better and taxes your system but i highly doubt it because there is a bigger chance of us PC users getting shafted with a unoptimized version of the game.

And yeah until Consoles get an upgrade in the graphics department do not expect any ground breaking visuals soon.

6. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Shafted? Like how? Who in their right mind would make two different versions of the game when you can just click "make for PS3/xbox360/PC". The console versions get lower res textures, that's the only difference.

7. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    omg console crappy port!

8. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    I didn't think ATI cards could do AA on Unreal Engine 3 games?

9. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    UbiSoft did with GRAW and GRAW 2. The PC versions were developed independently from the console versions by GRIN. They were done in the style of true PC exclusives, and more in line with the series origins. To me, that was one of the best moves they could have made, because if they released the 3rd person action games the consoles got as a Ghost Recon game on PC, they would have been disowned by fans of the series.

Of course that dedication to the PC couldn't last, the latest Ghost Recon is now going to be a port, and likely a total waste of time.

10. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    it looks almost the same as the old one..

11. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nop. Still using modified Unreal Engine 2.5 .

So, don't expect anything much better then the previous Bioshock.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I dont want to offend u but there is a bioshock 2 topic already. Why not post this there? So easy for us to follow allkind of stuff about 1 spesific game. This is our forum, and its our duty to keep it clean and more importantly usefull.

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    U3 engine? then i hope it's not another yellow/orange game with no AA support and highly consolized.

but then again, i wouldn't care at all as long as the gameplay is there, i wouldn't've minded the old engine which was great and with a few tweaks and improvements it would've certainly been quite good. ;)

the Crysis engine would've been quite nice too as the engine renders water very nicely but maybe the interiors wouldn't've looked that good. :D

14. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    oh how i miss the days when new pc titles offered even slight improvements in graphics. 2009 didn't show much improvement and i suspect 2010 will be the same. bloody consoles indeed!

15. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    dam i just seen on steam it says "5 machines activition limit' stupid protection .......... I will hang them

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Have you worked with the sandbox editor? It's absolutely horrible in comparison to UE 3 editor. That's why I wouldn't choose cry engine 2 as my game's engine if I was a dev.

17. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    it's sad that there are only a few games that break away from the yellow/orange tint like Mirror's Edge with the U3 engine.

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    mods, meant to be played =)

19. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Borderlands
    Dark Void

20. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Still gonna be limited to consoles limations so don't expect much well have to wait for the next gen consoles to see some major improvements unfortunately