Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.
This game seems to have been forgotten so here is a little bit of gameplay:
Biomutant is an open-word, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
• A new take on 3rd person combat: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
• Evolve your gameplay: You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
• Next level of crafting: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
• Gear up for adventure: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
• Survive in a vibrant open world: You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
• An unusual story with an unusual end: A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down...
Release May 25th 2021 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
PS5/Xbox Series might get an upgrade later : https://screenrant.com/biomutant-ps5-xbox-series-x-upgrades/
I'm actually surprised that they will pull it off. I expected it to simply disappear and be one of those forgotten, never released projects.
I've literally never heard of this game (nor ever saw it) until now.
I'll keep an eye on it, seems genuinely interesting.
I remember hearing about this years ago. I picked up a steam key from cdkeys the other day for $50. Ill buy it again from steam for my kids machines if its any good. Looks pretty damn ambitious for such a small indy team
It seems that people are playing already on Steam
Janky player directional animations aside, this is looking like a cool, indepth game. I think it goes over the top on the cuteness but I'd still play it.
This game is getting trolled already on Steam
Very interested in this so bought it from CDKeys.com for £32.99 (it's £54.99 on Steam!) over the weekend. Added the key to my library so it's already to download once the game has released.
It looks cute and the voice-over narration reminds me of something like Fable or Black & White, especially with the Light and Dark options. No-one speaks in this game, all the dialogue is transcribed by the narrator which adds a quirky charm to the game coupled with the cartoonish animal-based visuals. I have watched footage of the game, which showed the opening hour of linear and somewhat ponderous tutorials, but I saw enough to know that it is the kind of thing that I'd enjoy. Similar perhaps to Immortals: Fenix Rising in terms of open world design, vibrant colours and aesthetic style and also not without humour. I really enjoyed Immortals if it did get repetitive so I'm hoping the RPG mechanics in this game will make it even more enjoyable.
Checked out some reviews, seems like a mediocre game with some positive things and some negative. Probably not for everyone.
Bought it too, I have seen some gameplay and also reviews.
What I like is the combat and exploring so definitely something for me.
Devs are small team and need our support
Enjoying so far. Performance is worse in cave areas strangely enough but great out in the open world. Still in first hours of game but very relaxing.
Very bad game.
Animations, controls, sound design, across the board everything just feels hollow. Upgrades dont matter, so does loot. Character class dont matter, its only your starting gear. You can beat the final boss with your starting weapon. Melee is pointless once you see that long range "gun" combat is the easiest way. Apropos easy, the game is even too easy on hard.
Theres no real concept what audience the game is aiming for. The narrator is the most annoying thing. In every review its stated hes anooying af - you cant disable the narrator, only reduce his random jabbering, but cant even disable that.
Puzzles are pointless, too. The one with tries and the normal ones, because for the normal ones, the narrator tells you the solution right after you started to solve the puzzle, srsly - wtf...why even make a puzzle then.
Oh, and dont let me get started on the quests....the quest design is like from 20 years ago. Go point A, talk, go point B all over the map to collect something for person at A, but person A is now at the other end of the map. And so on.
I could go on, but no, unfortunately the game is not worth any more time - i was hyped all the years, too, well...
If you are looking for this in a game, thats the wrong game..
Reviews are harsh on this game, dude said DON'T BUY THE GAME !!!