Bilzzard looking to hire PS3 expert for Diabo 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DireBadger, Jun 4, 2011.

1. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
  2. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Hiring a ps3 (sony) expert? They wanna make the game hackable or what? :D

Anyways, if it's build for the pc, and ported to the ps3, guess I have no problem with it.. Unless it'll become the other way arround..

3. Zom51

Zom51 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    I knew this just from the art style and other mechanics that it will come to console one day! very predictable ...

4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Diablo came out for Playstation so I don't see what the big deal is.

5. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080
    As a direct port.
    These days they feel if they don't gimp something to hell its not going to appeal to their audience.

6. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    D3 has been in development long before (at least 3 years) they are even looking for PS3 experts.

I don't see any reason to fear Diablo 3 suddenly being developed for console with pc port in mind when the game has been in development for PC for past couple of years already. Searching for PS3 experts few months before the game goes open beta sounds a lot like they are looking for a way to create a port for PS3, not the other way around.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080
    DNF was in development for PC for 11 years and when released as a port so many things were gimped its not even funny.
    So i don't know why the idea of them making certain decisions based on audience is so hard to understand.

8. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    People are not bright enough to understand what Console Port means.

Console Port is only applicable to controls and settings.

Console Port has nothing to do with simplicity/easiness of a game. That is due to the simplicity of the world in general. People do not bother to think of anything, and feel they should be given everything. Not to mention the laziness. Do people even know how to change the channel if the remote control's batteries die? Do people know how to spell?

Then, people blame the kids. But, how is it their fault that their parents do not teach them values?

Before crying about everything that is not tailored to you, look at your surroundings and what impact you have on it.

9. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Couoldn't have said it better myself. Fully agree with everything you've said.

10. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    alan wake

11. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Welcome to new Blizzard, expect premium services that give you the ability to play with more than the mentally disabled.

12. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    My problem with this is that Microsoft and Sony have plenty of big exclusives for their consoles, but PC can't keep a single hit title exclusive outside of the RTS and MMORPG genres.

Were were all told that The Witcher 2 was going to to be PC exclusive then when we got to the month of release the devs up and say we're bringing it to consoles. D3 touted as a mammoth exclusive to the PC and now it's coming to consoles.

It wouldn't be bad if PC was getting games like Halo Reach, MGS 4, or Demons Souls ect...

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i dont see why a few are jumping the gun on this. just because blizzard is in "talks" with ps3 people dont mean anything really. even if the option may or may not be there, doesnt mean they will even port it over. i would rather wait and find out more info before i start passing judgement.

14. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    How was Diablo ever a PC exclusive? In 1997 or 1998 I played Diablo on a Playstation (original) at a friend's house.

It was never a PC Exclusive.

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Not to mention it was available for Mac.

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    If anything, this would be keeping with what Diablo already was. Yeah, Diablo II was exclusive to computer, but so what? If this one isn't, then Diablo II will be the odd one out.

Point is, original Diablo was amazing, most people who claim to like Diablo have never even played it, and it's not PC exclusive, so get off your high horse and wait for the game to come out.

17. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    No Blizzard game is PC exclusive as they have all been released on Macs concurrently lol.

deltatux

18. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Haters just want excuses to hate.

19. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Sure, but you'd have to be crazy to compare the late 90's to now, game development is nothing like it used to be.

20. johnny87au

johnny87au Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 480's / Wc'd ek
    doubt this will even be a sucess on PS3.. gonna own on PC!!