Bigotry!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by maleficarus™, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctucas

Arctucas Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Yes, that is what I meant.

2. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Mmm.. seen worse. Got a friend who's Asian & yes he can be an ignorant dick
    sometimes. Sounds like that guy you were working with is capable of going stupid
    the same way my mate does :) I think it's because he feels like a failure as he
    isn't loaded or driving a BMW. Success is about 'Bling' to some of those that
    came from nothing. It affects all races though. I suspect it's more prevalent for people
    working away from the land of their ancestors. My friend hated being a
    cook because there are loads of Chinese cooks.. ? Yet he'll inherit the
    business &
    have a comfortable life. I told him to grow up & be happy that he's got a
    job with a future. Which is more than some have.

No easy answer but don't beat yourself up about it.. that guy probably/hopefully
    feels bad too. It is funny really you can probably get away with saying
    'Go blow your mom' but can't call him a stupid example of his race in shorthand.

lol political correctness at its best.

PS- My friend also seems to have an innate sense of right & wrong that supersedes
    any of his experiences.. which is imho amazing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    The only thing I'm racist against is people in general. They're *******s.

4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

5. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    uck...

6. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    That is actually pretty disgusting man. It's good that you are apologizing but if that is truly how you feel then you need to go out and meet some more Asian people. I've travelled extensively in Asia and just like any other part of the world you will find some absolutely amazing people there. Kind, generous, humble and willing to share what little they have with visitors. That's more than I can say for a lot of Westerners.

7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Usually Asian people are the hardest working people out there...well at least the younger ones. Depends on their parents. Lazy parents, lazy kids.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    uggg man, just uggg. what a freaking racist.

9. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
  10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I have no words. Well apart from these 4. OMG now it's, I don't know. Should I have typed four instead of 4. If I was counting the words what the hell does OMG count as? One, none or three. I'm confused and being confused was how I started this post. Confused. Post count +1

11. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Actually, after the discussion i had with you a few months ago about "what is considered skills in a FPS game" and the statements you made in that. It had crossed my mind that you could be a bigot; from the fact that you would not accept another point of view on things you already "made up your mind" about, even if you were proven wrong again and again.

But as for racist... i guess it could be hard for some people to not make racist sounding remarks at a time of anger toward a person that is from another ethical group.

Luckily for you, neither bigotry or racism is 'incurable'. I hope you can do something constructive with knowing this now.

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    In order to get rid of racism, you should meet those of that race. It's really only ignorance that holds you back. I'm hoping for you, hatred in the heart is a horrific thing. Hell, even mild bias.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  13. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I see the OP has two distinct thought processes

* I don't like Asians
    * I'm sorry for my statement,I don't wish to offend, and I know it's wrong

Most everyone is focusing on the first statement, and I'd like to acknowledge the second.

We can't help what we naturally like and dislike.I think the majority of prejudice I see in this forum is hate for Americans by our European posters.Particularly our friends in England.
    Can you have hate in your heart, and judge maleficarus for his?

I'll take the second statement, and pat him on the back for recognizing that he needs to change, manning up and apologizing.It takes more guts to stand before a jury, than to be on the jury.

14. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Agreed. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." We should be trying to help him out instead of incriminating him.

15. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    You can't really label an entire race of people off one experience or a few individuals. I know nice whites, ahole white, nice asians, ahole asians, nice blacks, ahole blacks, etc. Your bound to run into the good and the bad of every race some point. I work with people from at least half a dozen nations: UK, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Turkey, China, Italy, and most of these people are great. Sure they have their moments, we all do, but hey, c'est la vie.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Well said.

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    I disagree, to me your comments were racist, and you should consider the possibility that you are also a racist. Have you ever heard anyone who was not a member of a racist group admit to being a racist? People do not want to admit even to themselves that they are bigots and racist. You are halfway there. Take the next step and accept to the racism. Like, how many alcoholics are in denial before they admit to having a problem. We as people should never condemn an entire race of people based on the actions of a SINGLE person. Take yourself for example, do ALL the Canadian you know work as hard as you do? No Canadian you know has ever broken the law.
    When you judge an entire race based upon what you see one individual do......
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

I do not think of myself as a racist or a bigot.

Last December I PMed you to remove a racial slur against this same race from one of your post and at that time you blamed it on to much drink and acting like an ass...
    Using your position or standing at a place of business to get a person fired because you dislike their race is racism.

18. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    No offence but anyone can come into a forum and appologize. It's lame. It's a facless expression of guilt. Asking for the thread to be deleted is weak aswell.
    I also hate when people use the "I am Canadian and we aren't suppose to act like that..." excuse to make their remarks seem less offensive. I am Canadaian and I know that there are alot of racist bigots in this country. I also know that just because you appologize for being one on a forum doesn't nullify the fact that you are one.
    Be what you want, say what you want but for the love of all things good atleast have the gumption to stand by it.
    Appologize for hurting people sure. Appologize for who you are? Why? I doubt anyone here thinks you aren't just appologizing to keep from get kicked off the forum anyway as those comments weren't just "passing by" remarks anyway.
    Good luck from one bigot to another.
    PS. My wife is asian and you're a real piece of work.

19. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    hahaha "racism" this word is a war everywhere you find it :p meh play some mw2 sit down, relax, and then, reconsider what you have said, im pretty sure you will apologize even more about this thread :)

20. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    Well said =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.