Biggest Flop in 2011

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by styka, Oct 30, 2011.

1. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    wow, forgot all about that piece of poopy. Yep. gets my vote. That's why i still play TDU1 after 4 years behind the wheel.

Due a payday this week so I'm looking forward to RE5, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage and Dues Ex. Christmas is coming early. I would add BF3 to the list but I'd need a clan to join to fully enjoy it. Anyone willing? Okay, yeah, i'll sign up for the Guru3D team soon enough.

F U G L Y... you ain't got no car to drift (cos of awful physics) you FUGLY!
    [​IMG]

2. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    mate WTF is that ?? ROFLMAO !

3. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    Once upon a time there was a group of TDU friends who got bored of the regular follow the leader cruise. so some dope decided "Hey, let's have a Minger Cruise!" Yep, we all modified our avatars / drivers so they wouldn't be able to get within 1000 yards of a Baywatch beach. Ginger hair, freckles, no chin, taxi door ears, etc. This one was taken during the TDU2 beta.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB

Lol, exactly!
    Seems we both had a totally different idea about what Rage had to offer. I guess i'm loving Borderlands too much and wanted Rage to be like it. Guess we'll have to wait for Borderlands2 then.

5. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    dragon age 2 and homefront I would give those games away for free if I could sucks

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There's been a few disappointing games this year IMO. I kind of enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever for its old-school charms and silly humour, granted it is far from perfect, so it wouldn't make my list. Shocking I know but I knew exactly what to expect from it.

However, I found Red Faction: Armageddon to be a dreadful disappointment after the decent Guerrilla: workmanlike level and enemy designs, so-so graphics (despite being DX11); there's an overall blandness to the entire thing. It plays OK but it is just so forgettable.

The biggest letdown for me though was Dragon Age 2 which managed to feel inferior to the original in just about every way except for the graphics. It was clearly rushed, dumbed down somewhat for the consoles and had some of the most repetitve level design of any RPG I've played to date. Even the storyline was boring, a cardinal sin for any RPG as it just kills the game even if the gameplay is fine. Dragon Age 2's gameplay though felt messy. I really tried hard to like the game as I loved Origins but this felt like a game by a different developer altogether and an inferior PREQUEL to Origin, rather than a sequel.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh and lest I forget Test Drive Unlimited 2 was pretty rubbish too, although I somehow still managed to clock up 20 hours on it (I must have left the game on pause or something as I don't recall playing it for THAT long!). F.3.A.R. was cack as well.

8. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    This, absolutely.
    I'm still sad about the wasted potential.

9. SUnSpot

SUnSpot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI gaming 970 4GB
    BF3 and Skyrim

10. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Haha. Wait... what?

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I enjoyed DNF Campaign better than the Been There, Done That campaign of BF3. So i vote BF3.

Best game would be Portal 2 or Alice Madness Returns.

12. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Sorry your just blind and or dumb. hyped up game? Ever heard of COD series?
    homefront is just horrid. It has no "fanboys" cause its crap.

Duke and homefront are both on My list. pure crap.

13. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    Few games have been flops for me as I expected them to be crap before they were released. Have only been wrong a few times.

14. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Duke Nukem and Brink.

Brink was enjoyable for a little while but is far from being a classic...

EDIT: I forgot to mention Rage. I was never hyped about this and I am glad, something is really lacking in this game...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Hilarious. :D

16. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Definitely RAGE for me. I was really looking forward to it and actively followed it's development. But once I actually got the game and played it for a while, I realized what a piece of turd the thing really is. It's nothing but a failed tech demo. The whole thing is years behind even the average games of late. Their "megatexture" may be good in theory and probably has potential if used correctly, but the way it was implemented here was a total failure. Not to mention how the whole world is completely static, no object physics anywhere. It's repetitive (i mean really, most of the missions involve you to drive the same boring route to some boring place, push a button and drive back to the same boring place you came from. Rinse and repeat), uninspired (it bought nothing new to the genre, everything the game tried to do had been done way better elsewhere), boring (aside from the couple of different bosses, there are what, two different kinds of enemies, the "mutants" and the "soldiers" (can't even remember what they were called, that's how interested I was), UGLY (it only looks good if you look at a scene from a far, but once you get closer, it starts to look worse than Half-Life 1 for f***s sake). The only things I liked in this game were the animations and the art design (which was mostly ruined by the horrible textures). I think I've managed to play the game for around 4 hours in total and haven't touched it since. A total waste of money and will be sure to not buy anything from ID again unless the reviews are truly stunning (and by reviews I mean actual end-user reviews, not the bought-out review sites and magazines whom were payed to give this game good reviews). Too bad the game uses Steamworks as otherwise I would have sold it to some poor bastard in a heartbeat. So yeah, the biggest flop in 2011 for me is most definitely RAGE!:thumbdown

Also, I'm never going to trust a single word (saw too many videos of this asshat hyping their piece of **** of a game) coming from the mouth of this man right here:
    [​IMG]
    That's the smug smile of money and lies right there.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  17. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    So far its Dragon Age 2. You know, if games like TDU2 turn to be crap its not big surprise, but if someone like Bioware makes such pathetic attempt of self-plagiarism (ME2 was a success so we will go the same route with DA2) ... And all those excuses: 'we didnt thought it would be such a big deal if we reuse three locations, three textures, three models etc. throught out the game...':puke2:

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not trying to be controvesial, but Bulletstorm, Crysis 2 and BF3 for me, was looking forward to all three, and all three had me so disappointed, as all three were nothing more than a COD game with shiny graphics.

On one hand, unlike the other two BF3 kinda gets away with it as its a MP game predominately, but i have so little respect for MP games that i'm not sure that is enough.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't get how people are saying Bulletstorm was a "CoD" game.

20. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC