Big discrepancy in gpu usage in ghost recon breakpoint

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by spectatorx, Jan 23, 2021.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Recently is going on free weekend with ghost recon breakpoint so i decided to give it a go. Before actually launching the game i run a benchmark few times and noticed odd thing: significant discrepancy in gpu usage on vulkan version of the game between afterburner (v4.6.3 beta 4, rtss v7.3.0 beta 9) and what in-game benchmark reports. Afterburner shows almost all the time 100% on gpu and in-game benchmark around 90% on average. Which software is bugged and to which should we trust about gpu usage in this particular case?

This difference basically doesn't exist in dx11 version of the game. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but at the moment when i spotted it i'm using sapphire radeon rx580 8GB nitro+ with 21.1.1 driver on windows 10 enterprise x64 20H2.

If you need video confirmation on this here it is:

Left side is dx11, right is vulkan.

If you need more info i will provide it as soon as i can.

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    The game looks a little conservative on cpu usage so i would ignore it and just enjoy the game, perhaps Vulkan is easier of the gpu.