Big Bang: Start of The Universe, successfully re-created.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Pill Monster, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    haha yee but you can't deny it's cool :D

yeah, the truth is that we'll always answer this question with a question, this is the one thing that no one will ever find an answer for, everything else from that point on can be discovered.

2. SamW

SamW Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    That single atom has volume, so why couldn't it have expanded from something smaller that it? I personally don't think there is a beginning to the big bang. It has expanded from something smaller, which had expanded from something smaller.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The other side is that it was always here..infinite..which I believe the String Theory relates to..

So, which is it - infinite or nothingness?? hahaha:bonk:

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I just cant imagine, if the universe is expanding, then what is beyond the universe ( i mean the space universe havent occupied yet)

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i believe that nothingness and infinite both coexist, nothingness is space and infinite is time.

for example i read somewhere that Time is infinite and shares space with the Nothingness, now nothingness cannot exist forever without time, now what happens when for some reason this balance is broken for an instant, time and space collide and this collision is what formed the first atom, the atom that started the big bang.

space and time had a child called atom and out of the infinite nothingness something was born.

i think this theory actually makes sense :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  6. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    Well... sort of. It;s hard to grasp two "abstract yet not abstract" concepts, have them "collide" and somehow this forms matter.

This kind of thinking is best left to people with lab coats :p

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol certainly, that's why i'mma gonna go play COD Black Ops or some game cause thanks to this thread my brain is turning into melted cheese :D

cool thread though, i like.

btw a wormhole can twist space and time, if a wormhole can do that, that means space and time can collide even if theoretically? the secret is in the mass which means there must be speed involved.. the speed at which space and time move, with enough speed time and space will form a mass that would eventually cause a potential collision, explosion or whatever? :D ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is madness!

8. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

They are kinda, uh, the same, really.

9. StrangeArt

StrangeArt Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    It is so funny to see how scientists take theories just to have people run with them as facts and for that to the be all and end all of everything.

Even all these findings are based on theories and things that scientists believe are correct. It can't be proven outright.

What ever happened to good old, proper scientific research.

10. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Does special relativity not apply anymore? Some of the posts here give me a headache!

If you are travelling near the speed of light and have a beam of light shooting forward from your vehicle, you will (by theory of relativity) observe the light to be traveling at it's usual speed ahead of you, but an outside observer will see it traveling nearly the same speed. it's not like sound waves where if you are traveling at the speed of sound there is a sonic boom.

Speed of light is relative to your frame of reference, so something traveling close to the speed of light in one direction would see the world in a vastly different way than something travelling the opposite direction.

I'm just glad the Hadron didn't destroy the universe like some protesters thought! :)

11. Dre46

Dre46 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    My question is, they are so clever or whatever...They're theory's and all about the beginning, but if it's true, what started the big bang? What happened before that? Something can't come of nothing. There had to be a greater power for that to occur...

12. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Well, there's a theory that the universe starts and dies and starts again, That black holes end up swallowing everything. a black hole compress matter in a hyper heavy ball, I think that when all the black holes eats each other and there no more way to compress all that matter, or the black hole gets weak after trillions of light years then the matter explodes and spreads it all around.. everything on the universe born and dies at one point of their existence.
    so making collide little atoms at the speed of light will not create a "micro Big bang" to create mater there must be some kind of energy that can be created into matter.

13. Dre46

Dre46 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    That still does not explain anything really to the actual beginning, because black holes had to come from something. My argument is, that something can't come from nothing.

14. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    just like greek mythology was created to explain the world that could not be understood, some think that religion was created to explain the world and how it came to exist, since science is nowhere near a conclusive model.

as far as the expansion/collapse of the universe, most scientists have come to accept that dark matter or anti matter is more prevalent in the universe than matter, and it's forces against matter are accelerating the expansion as they appear to repel each other. This would go against any theory that the universe has burst out, collapsed, and reformed itself over and over again.

15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiROWO6iVs

16. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Ditto

Also, I could never understand how, if we ever discovered life " out there" it would conflict with religion either.To me, it would just further religions arguement

:infinity:

17. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    Interesting stuff. :nerd:

18. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Yeah...definitely interesting stuff.

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you should've read my post it was based on something i read years ago, it's the only thing that really made sense to me and came closer to answer the big question, it's all a little abstract but that doesn't make it less important or untrue. :book:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3768702&postcount=65

20. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    I remember watching an M Theory and String Theory documentary that postulated that the big bang could have occurred when the oscillating planes of two parallel dimensions touched. The contact would somehow yield a massive amount of energy and somehow that would yield matter.

****'s crazy, yo.