BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2OC Limited Edition review [Guru3D]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

BFG have worked their magic again and teamed up with the guys and gals from CoolLIT systems a company designing sometimes a little awkward yet always interesting cooling products. As such BFG released...

More...

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Dugg, pretty sleek piece of kit!

3. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    I'll admit the performance is awesome but I still stand by what I said before. This card is way too expensive. Now that we've seen the results my original assumption that the cooler would provide mediocre performance is also evident.

I checked around and Coolit does not sell this cooler for the GTX 295 by itself. They do however have one for the 4870x2. It sells for $135 on there website. Let's assume for a moment if they sold one for the 295 it would be about the same price. We'll say $150. Add that to the listed price of a BFG 295 on Newegg and you get $650. This is the reason I wrote those flaming posts in the previous thread for this product. Because it's worth about $650. Not the ridiculous $850 it's currently listed for.

On the bright side it's still a great concept and no air cooling around can compete with it. Plus you get the warranty and a nice little OC on the card.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I don't think anyone disagrees with you that the pricing is really steep for a GTX 295

You however do need to understand that the extra manual labour (BFG employees fit these coolers themselves) needs to be paid as well, you will not be forced to disassemble the GTX 295 yourself, you thus do not risk damaging the card, and this kit ads a lifetime warranty.

I mean look at the Accelero Xtreme 4890 X2 cooler review -- that literally destroyed my 350 EUR card.

And sure, it's expensive, but you do need to factor in stuff like that as well + it is targeted at a very niche market. BFG is a company, they are not a non-profit organization mate, be happy that there are companies doing things like this. It certainly spices up a dull graphics market.

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I would never buy one but like hilbert said you have to appreciate the fact that companys try/do things different, its whats entertains us lot.

Its not for the average PC user but there is a market for them.

6. Dahbob

Dahbob Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4870X2
    Sweet performance indeed, I just wonder how in hell you can SLI those with that radiator

7. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Wow temps are great.

8. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yeah seriously 58C under full load at the lowest fan setting? Crazy...

9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Put another radiator to front of your case.

Price is high and it's still old dual PCB model...

Haven't seen these gpu's with watercooling (whole kit, not just the gpu block) in some time, interesting product if you have extra cash.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Hell, yes! :p

11. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    I suppose it's better than air cooling, but you still need to have a 120mm fan blasting air over that little 120mm radiator. Not exactly whisper quiet. A much quieter solution is to use an large external fan-less radiato. That way you can build your own liquid cooling system with parts you can buy from a number of companies (Danger Den and Zalman come imediately to mind). That way, you can cool the whole system (CPU, GPUs, hard drives, chipset, PSU) and the only system noise is whatever little gurgles and hums the pump might make. Yes, it's more expensive, but hey: They don't call this place Guru3D because it's readers are afraid to customize things.
    :pc1::chainsaw2:

Don't get me wrong: For what it's designed for, the Cool-it brand coolers get the job done. As a technician, I see people who want this stuff installed from time to time. In the shop where I work, we actualy sell quite a lot of the Cool-It brand CPU coolers. Haven't seen this particular unit yet, but I suppose it will come down the pipe sooner or later. I'm sure there will be a certain demand for stuff like this, I'm just not sure how strong it will be.