BFG are the company

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Fyew-jit-tiv, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hey Guru's thought I'd share this story with you all.

On Monday Night (25Th) i blew both my 295's, Man i was gutted:bang:. So Tuesday afternoon i called BFG (USA) to try and RMA the cards, All went okay but in the back of my mind i was thinking "there was no way i would get replacements". I posted the cards Tuesday afternoon to be delivered next day at there warehouse in Wales (UK). Wednesday i decided to check online (BFGtech) to see how the RMA was going to my shock i saw the following statement "Stage 3: Your RMA was processed in the BFG Warehouse on 2010-01-27 09:02:46 and has already shipped." Now you can imagine how one is reaping with excitement, So today (Thursday) i wake up and check the tracking number online at FedEx to find out the cards are being delivered TODAY. Couple of hours ago the door knocks and its FedEx with my parcel.

The reason i wanted to share this with everyone is because of the way BFG had handled my RMA. 3days to get replacements. That's unheard of in the RMA world. I have dealt with may company's in the past where the RMA has taken weeks to come back. BFG, of the back of this situation you will always get my money for GPU's. :banana:

The moral of this story is... BUY BFG because the after-sales and tech support is Excellent.

P.S THIS MISHAP WAS NOT DUE TO NEGLEGENCE!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. [ODB]

[ODB] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800 GT ULTIMATE SLI
    iight thanx when i build my new pc ill stick with bfg

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Bfg support is awsome

4. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    So you broke these two cards because of something irresponsible you did and then got a full replacement. Great...

5. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    Awesome. My 7800gs is BFG as well. Awhile ago it died out on me, so i called them up for an rma, and said it would only be valid for 30 days..it sat on my work desk for 3 months and they still took it.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    So, the opp is proud to have ruined 2 cards through negligence and had them replaced for free....wow. That's really something to be proud of. I have a BFG GTX275OC. Had several problems with Win7 and BSOD's during install related to the graphics card. Contacted BFG about the problem. BFG asked for minimal information including clocks, temps and voltages. Even though everything in relation to the graphics card looked good, they were willing to RMA the card. After 2 months, I still have the same BFG GTX275OC. After several communications with BFG, the problem as diagnosed by BFG, was the motherboard. Even though BFG's own required information proved the card good and motherboard bad, they were willing to replace the card just to prove the problem wasn't the card. Takes a lot of confidence in a product to do something like that. BFG stands behind their products 100% and will do their best to keep a customer happy even if it means replacing a perfectly good card. As I've told my clients....BFG is worth the price for the quality and support you get. Glad I got my BFG card...I've never even had comparable service from eVGA.

7. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    For the record is wasnt Irresponsible behaviour that caused the cards to stop working. More mis-fortune.

8. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    WHO Mentioned anything about being proud. DUDE the only thing im proud about is having spent my money with a company that's worth every penny and more, a company who cares about their customers. And again i state "this was not due to being negligent"

9. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    OP, I think it is awesome that you got taken care of in that manner. Sorry your cards died though. BFG is a really decent company. I don't know much about say, PNY. But I've used PNY, BFG, and EVGA. And have heard a lot of positive on the latter two.

10. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    I am so glad I chose BFG when was building my computer. i was deciding between BFG and EVGA but chose BFG because it was the card that Hilbert did a review when GTX 295 was released.
    Good choice.:)

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    BFG FTW lol

12. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    RMA time WIN

Cards that fail, FAIL

lol... glad it got sorted man, this time, don`t clean them with a metal scourer and a magnet....jeez!!!

13. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    I agree....BFG's service is among the best

14. Zap

Zap Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600 GT 256MB
    I'm sorry, but I can't quite imagine how one can "reap" with excitement. Maybe it's just me...

All reference GTX 295 come out of the same factory in China, so failures would not be brand specific. However, warranty service is brand specific.

15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i know, i`m a Nvidia fanboy.... i`m just jealous @ quad sli setups!!

16. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    My last card was a BFG 8800GT OC.

Best service I've ever had from a graphics card maker. I'd choose them even over eVGA.

17. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Ah reminds me of the time my CRT broke down after 2 years and they replaced it on site, i.e. here at home. I think that took 4 or 5 days.

18. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Good to hear everything went smoothly

never had a BFG card myself :nerd:

19. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    @BFG-ZAP

Dam right it's you dude.. In my eyes i was potentially down £750.00. and having BFG replace the cards was cause for PLENTY of EXCITEMENT.:banana:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  20. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
    A long time ago I "thought" I had a problem with my SLi'ed BFG O/C 7800GTX's (cards were consecutive serial numbers). Essentially, they would work individually but refused to cooperate together (BSOD'ing). I started an email conversation with BFG seeking a solution to what was at the time, nVidia's top card. After exhausting every "fix" they could throw at me, it was decided that they would need to be RMA'ed and I was given instructions on how to commence the process and an RMA number. Essentially, I had to FedEx (their preferred method of shipping) or UPS both cards to Wales (from Australia) which, with insurance, totaled over $AUD250 plus the process was expected to take in excess of 6 weeks. Funny how being hit with a possible costs such as I described allows for creative thinking. As a last ditch effort, I reset the BIOS on my NF4 board and the cards decided to play properly. I sheepishly updated the "fix" with BFG support and canceled the RMA request. Those cards are still in operation today on my father's Vista box and have never given an ounce of trouble.

I was less impressed with XFX's support system (it never came to the stage of a RMA) with a pair of factory O/C'ed 7900GT's failing when running full screen OpenGL and DirectX applications under Vista (the problem only affected factory overclocked 7900GT's running SLi under Vista across a number of vendors and was quite widespread). The support e-conversation simply iterated all the possible solutions that I had clearly detailed in my very first first post. In the meantime, I continued searching the Net for solutions and stumbled across a forum that had a XFX tech as a member and a thread that was precisely the problem I was experiencing. The fix was a new BIOS update that was supplied by this XFX technician which basically overclocked the GFX memory 10 or 20MHz which was emailed to the afflicted users in the thread. As the thread was long dead and the tech hadn't logged in for over a year, I reported this information to XFX and to my surprise, they had no record or knowledge of the BIOS' existence. I eventually got around the problem using RivaTuner to overclock the memory but you'd think that with the box sporting "Built for Vista" and SLi badges all over it that they would have known of the solution or at least had a record of it in their support database.

I had a 20" Viewsonic LCD screen that would start to hum after being left on for an hour or so. Within 5 to 10 minutes of this hum starting, the screen would blank out necessitating the be turn off screen for 10 minutes before it would work again. This process would then repeat every half hour requiring a "cool down" period when it blanked out.

Stupidly (stubbornly?), I put up with this problem for more than two years until I began working for hours on end updating/building websites; then it became extremely frustrating with the continual interruptions. Assuming that my warranty had expired, I was ready to drop some dollars on a new monitor but was finding it impossible to source a 1600x1200 monitor. I jumped onto the Viewsonic website and discovered that the "professional" series (which I owned) sported a three year warranty - I was just inside that period by one month. I called up the Australian support number and initiated what became an RMA whereby they sent out a replacement monitor by their own courier and picked up the old one (in other words, an on-site replacement). As they couldn't source an exact replacement for my screen, they replaced it with a brand new 1600x1200 21" (VP2103B) within 24 hours. Now that's awesome in my books as the only downtime was to unplug the old monitor and plug in the new one!