BFG 6600GT "Green Ractangle Artifacts"

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Jflo22, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Jflo22

Jflo22 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600GT OC
    Hey guys/girls, I have recently been noticing green horizontal rectangular artifacts that flicker. Its very noticable in games like MOHPA on the ground and Swat 4 when I up the graphics settings past Low. The artifacts start slowly until they completely cover the screen "green" in Swat 4 and only seem to bother the ground in MOHPA. I get them rarely in WoW in random parts of the screen. I have a Raidmax 480W PS which I'm starting to think is the problem here but would like some advice from you guys before i fork over 100+ for a Antec PS. Drivers dont seem to help here. This doesnt happen in all games either. Mainly the ones above. If there is any more info I need to give you just ask. Nothing is OC'd anymore. I have never OC'd the card either.

2. a.t.

a.t. Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7600
    try disable AGP fastwrites,
    sometimes helps

3. kozanostra

kozanostra Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 7800GS 91.31@ 468/1552
    check your temp with rivatuner in background while gaming!!

4. heytothat

heytothat New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600 OC 128meg
    I think I have the same problem here.

Does the problem get worse as time goes on as you increase the grapic settings in these games before finally becoming unplayable after about 5 min?

I've tried the drivers that came with BF2, also the 72.14, 77.77, and 78.01 drivers.
    Here is is an example of the problem.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005

5. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Have you tried new drivers?

6. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    ufff your card is overheating like hell!!!

7. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    lol, nice screenie

sounds like overheating to me, all the symptoms are there, the getting worse after time and all

i say check your cooling, and check the temps by having rivatuner running in the background while gaming

8. Crushyg

Crushyg Member

im having the same problem, I underclocked my video card by a bit but the temp can still get up to the mid 90s for myself, and this is also still after I put 3 more 80mm fans in my case. UGH, please help.

9. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    either reinstall the stock cooler with some artic silver, or get a good aftermarket cooler like a zalman vf700cu

mid 90's is way way way to hot for a 66GT

10. heytothat

heytothat New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600 OC 128meg
    My problem was heat related. I made more room for the video card and created some additional ventalation. The artifacts are now gone.

Thanks!

11. Nickf

Nickf Banned

GPU:
    x1950 XT 715/2052/1.475v ATI Cooler
    It should be at the very most in the 70s under a full load. Beilive me i know from experiance. If you have a PCI card right next to it, try moving it to the next slot that will deffinantly and as stated above re-install the stock cooling with AS5 or buy a new one, The zalman one mentione has trouble fitting i suggest this one, its the one i'm going to get. 3x 50mm fans, a very large heatsink and heatpipe technology.
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835124006

12. compgeek89

compgeek89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    My 6600 GT always did that at 74C or higher, definitly overheating issues.

13. tytlyf

tytlyf Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga
    I am familiar with that problem, it's your GPU core, and not the memory. Your core is overheating. If you have the stock heatsink on your card, either reseat it, or take it off and apply some arctic silver 5 then put it back on making sure it is firmly attached.
    Other than that, a $25 cooler would do the trick.
    To conclude, it is your core that is overheating, and you need to lower the temps. Reseat your heatsink.

14. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    I would highly recomend the Zalman VGA cooler. It drove me nuts to put on with tightening the screws. I was scared I would crush the core. But with that on and alittle artic silver 5, it dropped my ilden temps from 60 to 50 and my load temps from 80 down to 60!

15. Crushyg

Crushyg Member

I fixed my problem actually... what my problem was... was another card was too close, and gave the intake on the GPU heatsink no breathing room. So I took out my sound card to use the onboard sound, and moved my nic card down and bingo... dropped the temp by 45deg :D.

16. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    these r both oced cards... go back to 500/1000 and see if it works...

17. Crushyg

Crushyg Member

its not really the OC problem, this card just needs to actually have some breathing room. *make sure it has breathing room right over the fan lol*

18. Jflo22

Jflo22 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600GT OC

This is exactly what is happening to me. I guess I'll try to reseat the fan and see what happens.