BFBC 2 HBAO Comparison Images

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xtreme1979, Feb 17, 2010.

1. eagled1

eagled1 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI 4GB
    I don't think the differences are dramatic enough to notice when you are running around trying to avoid getting your ass shot off :biggun:

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Honestly after playing with it on for so long (which with shadows on high and HBAO on i have no problem playing the game at a decent FPS) turning it off actually makes everything look so fake and unrealistic, i mean it still looks good, but in comparison and once you are use to certain things looking certain ways, it's a big enough impact that i do not like having it off

for instance though like the house image we are talking about, without HBAO on, it just looks so very bland to me, without any "real" lighting going into the house

It's by far not the biggest "Game-play-changer", so don't get me wrong about that, it's all just preference

3. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I just have to post this: [​IMG]

Zomg darker corner! :p

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    If you have to physically indicate the differences to people in static then the differences are NOT noticeable in my opinion and will be less so while actually playing the game. HDAO/HBAO/SSAO add subtle improvements to the game's lighting and realsim for a relatively large performance hit so unless you have the hardware to handle it then it is best left off, I doubt most people would even miss it. I personally would not miss it at all if games didn't include it as I can only really see in when flicking between still screenshots.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's like saying to someone who doesn't see the difference on a 52" TV between SD and HD

It's amazing how many people come up to me and say there is no difference, so i then go and show them side by side the difference, and they are amazed

Does what you say imply here, again?

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It look much better with it on, some of you want games to keep looking like games, and forget that realism isn't always pretty shiny colours.

The driver enable AO in MW2 mad the game go from bland to great looking, and didn't kill performance too much.

With this game, the extra depth it brings when it is on add's alot to SP experience, but it does have too severe a performance hit on my machine, as does the game in general anyway.