BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by moriz, Aug 23, 2012.

1. moriz

moriz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 5850 (900/1200)
    i'm getting a really weird issue with my 7970. it runs the game just fine, but whenever i spawn in, or die, or get ressurrected, all three of my screens flicker and the game stutters for a split second. it's almost like the card is changing power states or something. i'm running three individual monitors (separate monitors, not eyefinity). the monitor i'm gaming on is a 27" Apple LED cinema display, connected to the miniDP port. the other two monitors are connected to DVI ports.

does anyone else have similar setups, and observe a similar bug? also, does anyone know how to fix it? it's really getting on my nerves.

2. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    I wonder if it has to do with the black fade-in when you spawn or get resurrected

3. moriz

moriz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 5850 (900/1200)
    meh, it's fixed now. apparently all i have to do is go into video settings (i picked vsync), change something, apply it, and then change it back. and now the problem's fixed. i used to have a nvidia card, and i'm guessing that BF3 didn't actually detect a video card change, and simply used the nvidia profile. changing a video setting probably forced it to redetect and correct itself.