BF2 performance.

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by MrCompillitrate, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    I was at a friends house yesterday and i get on BF2 and i noticed that it loaded the map WAY faster than my comp does and the graphics were on medium and his ran just as well if not better than mine

He has
    P4, LGA775
    1GB ram(dont know the speeds.
    some ASUS board
    and a Geforce 6600.

i dont get why his computer would run it better than mine.

2. ultimate360

ultimate360 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GT KO 256MB
    Hmm...that's werid.

You are running 2 7900GS in SLI which is equal to a 7900GTX at stock speeds I believe so graphics are not a problem.....Also, your CPU is better than his, so I can't seem to figure out why it is doing that.

But note that load times vary on each computer, so he must be lucky. :smoke:

So far I am thinking that he either overclocks his CPU, GPU, or RAM.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  3. MrCompillitrate

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    he said it overheats so he takes his side off so i was thinking that he had them overclocked..

but i dont know his brother built him THAT setup so his brother probably oc'd it the best he could with stock cooling.

the guy is a computer noob, knows nothing about his own comp, so he couldnt help me at all..

4. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    so by medium you mean everything? textures , dynamic lighting? there is quite a big differance between all med and all high , try it yourself you'll see what i mean.

the only thing i can suggest is that before i got this gpu and i had textures on med the maps loaded faster than they do now with textures high , but i dont know is thats the reason why.

5. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Hard drives also make a difference. If your friend had a 7200rpm with 16mb cache (or something faster) it would probably load a little quicker.

Mike.

6. MrCompillitrate

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    well i have a WD Caviar 250GB 7200rpm SATA II so..
    well ive recently been playing it on high so maybe..

and is there a way to customize single player? all that it lets me do is pick the difficulty and map...

and is there like a patch for blood???

7. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Are we talking about setting for setting between machines? If so that is real weird.

Even 1 7900GS would be faster then his 6600 and you have 2 7900GS.

8. MrCompillitrate

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    i was talking just about changing the settings for single play, ie more people more tickets/less tickets, faster vehicle respawn etc etc.