BF2, 6800, nv4_disp, stuttering and crashing

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pduan87, Jun 16, 2005.

1. pduan87

pduan87 Member

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS F****** PROBLEM?!?!

I have tried just about every god damn fix and this still happens. I have a:
    BFG 6800OC (non-overclocked)
    dual 2400+ MP
    K7D Master-L
    2x 80 gig HD's
    1 gig Crucial ECC
    450 watt PSU

Whenever I play BF2, and BF2 only, the game will stutter at random times. Sometimes the stuttering will fix itself, othertimes it will blue screen telling me that the f***** NV4_disp has crashed cause of a damn infinite loop. I am using the driver's that came with BF2 and every fix has not worked for me.

I have tried lowering pci latency, turned off fast writes, installed a "patch" that closed some memory hole (R55?), ran Memtest to make sure it wasn't the ram, and just about everything else. STILL NO FIX. Could it be my rails?

My 5v is 4.76 and my 12 is 12.04. Although my 5v is a bit low, it shouldn't result in random crashes.

Oh yea, everything else works fine. CSS, 3dMark, etc. I'm ready to throw this piece of **** 6800OC out the window if it keeps on doing this.

Please someone help me, thanks.

2. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    did u use the 77.30 driver, as recommended by EA? i think ur rails are ok, since its within the +- 5% deviation

3. bstef9950

bstef9950 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/Evga/8800GTX x2 SLI 768mb
    Hi that driver that you said you used that's the same one im useing and i have been haveing the same kind of problums,either try another driver,1 Lower forceware package.I don't know what you nean by lowering PCI latency, I have the Same BFG6800GT,OT AGP,256mb i thought pci + agp were 2 totally different thing's.Change the driver And lower the settings in the game all to med.See if those 2 thing's help
    :)

4. pduan87

pduan87 Member

I switched back to 66.xx

Lets hope this works.

5. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    If you do decide to throw it out of the window, can u aim for me with it, kinda think it would look and perform nice in my system:)

6. bstef9950

bstef9950 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/Evga/8800GTX x2 SLI 768mb
    Hello again if that does not work 1 picked up a beta navidia driverv.77.30 at DriverHeaven.com and changed a few setting more to quality instead of prefomance,No more Battle Field 2 lagging,+ stuttering.We have the exact same card.The game now plays great look's great also.Same with HalfLife2 + UT2K4,COD:)If you still want to throw it out the window throw it my way:rolleyes: Kidding good luck(Bruce)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  7. pduan87

pduan87 Member

God dammit, 66.81 will run better than the 77.xx but will still result in an eventual crash. WHAT THE FCUK DO I NEED TO DO TO JUST BE ABLE TO PLAY BF2?!?!?!

8. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    I get the same error too... and it is also ticking me off :flame: Using the BF2 drivers. It also does it in other games too. Especially Americas Army.

9. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    To much messing with drivers, that's the problem.......

My point,,, I run 71.89 with my rig and guess what: I've no problems what so ever anywhere....... also I should say that I don't change drivers to much because of the risk of getting a "left-overs" and the reason why I say this that I was a frequent beta-driver-changer and when I stopped doing that, my stability in my rig and towards games went up.
    Now I literally just wait for the next approved driver.

What I mean is that a lot of hardware get the blame for messed up gameplay when it's this change-a-driver-a-week that's the real problem.

Just IMHO :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  10. pduan87

pduan87 Member

If you use driver cleaner its no problem.

11. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    This is the first set of drivers ive used on this card.

12. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    Yup

I've used that and I've used "100%" reg-cleaners and so on too, but guess what, you get mess up anywayz.
    The less you download and mess with the hardware/software, the more stable the system will be.

I have a close friend that work with networks in a big company close by here and he also is the head guy for a computer store here and his opinion is that a lot of ppl do to much with their hardware/software and one of todays bigger messup is spyware and that people is crazy with drivers left and right, beta vs. the hardware they have.

For crying out loud, I had a driver that locked my access to my videocard via the desktop, like right click on desktop to access videocard and it read, " You need administrators,,,,," and I couldn't access it and when I went back to my older videocard driver the problem went away........

13. Ardilla

Ardilla Guest

Iv'e also had the same problems but worse. Not only does BF2 not run, but now all my games crash and my computer restarts by itself suddenly. I've already messed around with new drivers and old drivers and nothin is working. Finally I just ran Driver Cleaner and installed fresh new drivers and the games STILL crash. :mad:

14. himagn

himagn New Member

BFG 6800 OC bluescreen

I am having the same problem with the same card.

Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939
    1Gb Ram 3200
    nForce3 chipset mainboard
    500W PSU with +-5% regulation
    BFG 6800 OC 8x AGP

Bluescreens on me in any 3D game after a random amount of time. The bluescreen is nv4_disp error.

I do not think the right answer is to try lower settings. I did not pay 400 dollars for a top end GFX card in this capable system to play games with "lower settings"

15. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Nvidia screwed up bigtime....or wait...are all you guys having the problems cards made by Leadtek?

16. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    lmao it looks like ATI have lost the shi*ty drivers crown at last, Ati's drivers run BF2 flawlessly (i know i cant spell) just bear with it mate there will be a fix for Nvidia since its one of their games.

there should be a fix out before its full release on friday i would of thought.

By the way i just want to say that BF2 is the most amazing game ive EVER played on a pc before!

17. himagn

himagn New Member

My card is a BFG 6800 GT OC, not leadtek.

18. Trojanman190

Trojanman190 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 570 GTX
    I have the same problems. We have hte same problems as TONS of other users and the problems are much more widespread. I'm going to post a link to a thread already started about this and I'm going ot repost a post I made there.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125355&perpage=10&highlight=&pagenumber=1
    --- Thats the whole thread.

Here is my post there.

19. avirox

avirox New Member

It's not punkbuster, it's a conflict b/w Nforce3 mobos and the 6800s. just install the latest omega drivers and disable fastwrites and shadows in BF2 - problem solved. If you cant live with that you can read on the nvnews forums where I am working with several people to find an alternative. Peace,

20. TimC

TimC Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600 GT TDH
    DAMN!! Sorry...

I just got my LEADTEK AGP 6600, replacing my 4200. I also have EVERY 3D game either crashing or freezing. I first removed my old Omega Drivers and then installed the latest NVIDIA 77.72. Everything from San Andreas to The Simpsons would play for a bit (with alot of texture corruption) and then BAM. Unplugged everything in my system but the card and my DRIVE, that did not work. Then trashed the 77.72 drivers and tried the Forceware 77.50 drivers. Exact same crashing. Disabling Fastwrite/BIOS Cache/AGP Aperture did nothing either. Put my 4200 back in and put the Omega drivers on and everything is working.

Bad card? Incompatible with my KX400-8X, the temp on the card was like 47C so don't think that is it. Just got it today from NewEgg. Going to try it in another system but if anyone has any advice that may help it would greatly be appreciated.