Beyerdynamic DT 990

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angershark, Mar 25, 2013.

1. angershark

angershark Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Would these be a worthwhile upgrade from Sennheiser PC360? I can get them new for under $300. Also will my Xonar ST drive them properly at 600 ohms?

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I haven't heard that model my self, but the Xonar ST should be able to drive them. You might have to ask on head-fi tho. But I sure the ST would be able to handle them.

3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    The ST can drive them fine. I don't have any experience with the mid-fi Sennheisers so I can't say how big of an upgrade they would be over the PC360. As Claymore advised, you could ask on Head-Fi.

4. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    The DT 990 will be a clearly noticeable improvement over the Sennheiser you have. I had the Sennheiser HD 555 once, those are 1 or 2 notches better than those you have, and the DT 990 pro I have are a considerable improvement over those.

Yet the also available 250 ohm version might be a better choice as those are easier to drive and thus less dependent on other equipment. And the Pro version sounds the same yet is around 1/3 cheaper. The 250 ohm Pro version you could get for under 200$.