1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of WHEA Errors on x570 Platform, PCIe Data Coruption.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by MegaFalloutFan, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    yeah I checked the CSB log file and it appears to be only windows files that had the issue

2. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    I bet your on latest BIOS with latest AGESA and latest AMD chipset drivers, right? and none of it helped?!
    Thats exactly what that guy reported, I think I posted his forum post here as screenshot, he also posted a solution how to fix it but it has to run every X amount of days because the problem is not going anywhere.

P.S. IMO you need to make some noise on AMD reddit, then direct contact AMD representatives that lurk there with the post you made.
    They will fix it when it hurts them in public relationship.
    Thank god im waiting for 3950x and my main PC is Intel, otherwise ill be screaming

3. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Well the bios update did fix the BSOD issues and I’ve not had any WHEA errors either and my BIOS is 1.0.0.3AB so it’s not the “cover up” one. Another thing to note is that I’ve had windows installed fresh since the last update on the 20 somethingth of July.

Edit:

I actually don't even think the bios is of the AB variety. There is no mention of it on any hardware page nor ASRocks site.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070ti Titanium
    Just checked my event viewer and since I've updated the chipset driver few days ago (still no new bios for my motherboard) I've not gotten any WHEA errors since.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    So, WHEA errors occur in Windows and in computers with NVMe drives and Nvidia cards, right?
    But the same platform gives errors or misbehave using another OS?
    I know, I know what I just asked, but there are things going on alongside the Windows OS.

6. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070ti Titanium
    Not entirely sure and maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in but my setup is 3700X + X570 and I am running 2 NVMe M2 drives (both Corsair MP510) with a 1070TI card.

7. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    The only thing worse then what you have is Samsung NVMe with Samsung Driver.

1. Check your log for WHEA errors.
    2. Boot into save mode and run sfc /scannow command, this will check your windows 10 files for corruption
    If everything is all-right then you fine.

In any case, what I would of done in your place is to update the bios to latest version, download chipset driver from AMD web site, formatted my C: drive and re-installed windows 10 [AFTER the bios was updated to latest version]

bballfreak6 likes this.
  8. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    He any luck in solving this? Maybe the "masking" Bios is in fact can solve/fix the problem?, you can always check for file corruption later and if after you installed the bios update and got such corruption, you can contact AMD directly trough their help channels, they need ti know and they need to fix it.

9. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070ti Titanium
    Yea not sure if you saw my previous post but since I've updated my chipset driver few days ago I've not seen WHEA error since. Waiting for Asus to pull finger out of their arses and update the bios for my motherboard though. Will try safe mode check when I get home.

10. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I am unsure that the corruption is related to the WHEA TBH. I do know that I was having a game that I play regularly crash quite often but it's an online game and my internet was jacked up so it may have been related to that. At this point I don't have enough evidence to say it is or isn't caused by that. I may have jumped the gun about assuming it was caused by the WHEA issue. I do have the 1.0.0.3 ABB BIOS now so we shall see.

11. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    I never experienced any file corruption just like that.