Better graphics in Rise of the Argonauts

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RandomBloke, Mar 6, 2009.

1. RandomBloke

RandomBloke Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti 3GB
    Hi,

I've been trying to use anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering etc in Rise of the Argonauts, trying to make it pretty. Obviously there are no in-game options, but I assumed I'd be able to force them through the graphics drivers. I've got a 4870 1GB, but forcing AA and AF in Catalyst 9.2 makes no difference to the game - it's not working!

I've had a go at editing the LiquidEngine.ini file, but this doesn't seem to be having any effect either. However, I'm not an expert, and don't really know for certain that I'm doing it properly. Since it's apparently based on the same engine as Unreal Tournament 3, I believe it's probably possible to do it.

Has anyone had any luck with this, or got any comments or suggestions?

Thanks alot!

2. paulonone

paulonone Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hi! I've played and finished "Rise of the Argonauts" recently, so maybe i can help. It's possible to enable AA through "nhancer", but you have a ATI card, so i don't know if there's a program like nhancer for ATI cards.

3. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
  4. RandomBloke

RandomBloke Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti 3GB
    Paulonone - I'm glad you've got it working. That gives me hope that it's possible. Unfortunately, I believe that there's nothing like nhancer for ATI cards. It seems well recognized that ATI Catalyst is a bit hit-and-miss at enabling AA and AF. I hope that something like nhancer will come out soon...

5. RandomBloke

RandomBloke Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti 3GB
    CharlieSimon - thanks for that! I'll read it and give it a go. I hope it will work for me even though I'm not using a nVidia card...

Also, I'm using XP 32bit, not Vista 64 like you. I wonder if that will make a difference?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009