Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Apr 7, 2015.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It'll be interesting to see the last bits of the transformation in the last season. Hopefully it isn't two years away.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I think that KW will track SG down and be the one to bring him in.

The poetry is an oldie, but a goodie: The thing you ultimately seek (KW) will be the thing that ultimately destroys you.

Kim is the embodiment of his ultimate desire to be accepted for who he is, yet he (SG) has sought to change into something that he believes KW would want. By him making changes, appealing to his internalised ideal of what KW wants; he has basically fallen on his own sword.

It's quite a thing to fall on your own sword, but SG has (judging by the fast-forwards) decided to twist the sword that he has fallen on, deepening his self-inflicted wound for his 'object of desire'.

It's all about Kim, total shakespearean tragedy, and she doesn't turn up (in the legal sense) to take him in, it will be one of the greatest missed opportunities, other than not casting Caroline Ford for the role of 'Rey' in SWTFA.
    [​IMG]

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Bring him in? How would he still be practicing law in BB if he was convicted again?
    Kim is the one who's changed. And you see Jimmy in a very conflicted state about essentially corrupting her. If anything, she'll be the one who falls on a sword.
    Sorry but I can't really follow what you are saying. Unless you are talking about an older season? ;)

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    BCS=>>BB=>>BCSFLASHFORWARDS

The show will end with the monochrome BCSFLASHFORWARDS turning to color, and KW finding him, leading to his ultimate arrest.

Geddit, and as always, I'm callin' it.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Ah hmm. A bit far fetched but we'll see :)

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    They have partially set it up - all those flash forwards...it cannot end well for SG

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    next season is last, which I think is good thing I dont think it been to good last 2 season, only reason I even been watching it cause I want to see where SG came from after watching BB. I dont think things are gona end well for kim. we know SG survives

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I think he'll continue on in what is basically purgatory. He is just waiting out the clock on his life. Can't make friends, can't have a family. Always looking over his shoulder.

I don't think Kim will die though. She either gets locked up or is scared out of Jimmy's life. With her encouragement we'll see Saul fully unleashed next season.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I agree - if KW dies, there can be no catharsis.

10. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I don't think Kim Wexler will die because it's obvious that Jimmy cares a lot about her and it's hard to imagine that he'd be the perky fellow that we met in Breaking Bad if she were rotting in the ground somewhere.

Looly, I'm with Amaze on this one, sorry. Kim is the one whose internal mechanisms are hidden to us. I think that's why they chose the actress they did (she was on, among other things, Franklin & Bash, a comedy law show, before this gig). Her face is great at conveying deep thinking without giving anything away about *what* she's thinking. So you *think* you know her based on her former actions, but there are obviously conflicting needs inside her, because although she outwardly protests, she secretly *loves* what Jimmy's con games are all about. Could she be the one to ultimately bring him down? Perhaps, but he's going to have to do something very, very messed up for her to do that. If anything, I think she's pushing him in even deeper at this point!

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Well, one of the other things they have set up is his heart being a bit 'dodgy', which I'm sure is just a simple 'broken heart' analogy from KW, so there is always the chance he will have a cardiac arrest and croak.

For all I know, the final scene would be him in heaven with his brother, playing chess "...I've never played before..." "...Jimmy, I think we got time for you to learn..." which would be analogous to Chuck always thinking he can teach his younger brother a trick or two.

That close-up of the chess set was there for a reason, but hey, if that happens (which I seriously doubt) then just know I called that, too.

12. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I'm beginning to think we're talking about different seasons of the show?

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Well...perhaps I may have led you astray on a prior point, but I was speaking in the long-form of the series overall...I thought you were, too; but perhaps not. Apologies, ipso facto.

The most recent episode related to my point of Chuck mentoring Jimmy, in a tutelage capacity would be his final episode "Lantern" wherein the episode opens with him (as a child) camping out and reading to Jimmy as the younger brother. I have to say, the casting was excellent for that scene, which can't take more than 45 seconds, as the two kids they got both sound like the older versions of them, but they also got the cadence of Chuck perfectly. If you also watch it, you'll hear Chuck give a wolfs cry, like Jimmy did years later as a con for the watches - demonstrating even more that Jimmy's childhood tutelage did rub off on him.

It's poetry between the lines, like a fine wine; subtle yet rich with flavour.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Are you seriously saying the last two seasons havent been good!? They were the best, by audience rating, critics,...just everything. BCS is constantly on a high level.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have not really liked the last 2 season, more like I forcing my self to watch just to see it to the end. been the same way with TWD for last 4 season,

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Well, TWD and BCS is a total different level of quality. Like i said, cant understand how someone can state this opionion if you're into series (and even BrBa) at all. Sounds more like you expected something total different then they had in mind for the show? Some even say that BCS is better than BrBa.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I liked Breaking bad to the very end, I can't say the same for BCS, it all in the eye of the beholder. this beholder at this point more into it then TWD at this point, but BCS is gona end next season so i dont have to worry about it start to be as bad as TWD is in my mind.

I start off watching a series and doing nothing else but watching it, once I start grabing my tablet and doing something on it while the show is on, is the point where I just watching the series to see how it end or how bad it gets . There has been only 2 series I started watching and deleted the timers on so far, that "MR.Robot" after season 2 and "Magicians" after season 1 TWD is very close to be deleting the timer and not bother anymore.

18. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I definitely enjoy watching BCS more. There's more comedy and somehow it feels more light hearted. The last two seasons of breaking bad were pretty dull and boring for me to watch. Walter White was such an unlikable character too. Jimmy is likable even though he's a dumbass.

burebista and ShadowDuke like this.