Besthesda Softworks and id software merges!!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shoja, Jun 24, 2009.

1. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  2. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    New Elder's Scrolls on new Doom engine...

So, is it pretty much going to be like this? id will handle most of the engineering/game engine things, while main Bethesda will handle the art and whatever?

Seems like a win for me!

3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Very interesting.

Let's hope that this means nothing more than more financial backing from Bethesda for ID Software to produce more kick ass games. I'm still waiting on Doom 4, Quake 5, etc.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I guess this ends Id's independance. More likely to benefit Bethesda games in the short-term while offering funding and support for id's future games.

5. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Exactly. We will be seeing awesome titles from them if it's a success(which is for me).

6. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    YESSSS!! That's exactly, what I wantz:p

TBH 4's ending was just weird, I mean what's with the creepy laugh?:3eyes:

It was just like total sign, that there's gonna be 5, so bring it on, since we've been waiting for a long time already...

7. Terpitz2

Terpitz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 2070
    I'm unsure regarding that merger. I like both companies styles of game production, (cant stop raving regarding fallout 3) and the quake series and related titles have always been a smash hit in my opinion from ID. hopefully their allowed to play to their respective strengths, which in my opinion, are engineering (ID) and Visual/Story (Beth)

Although they better not stop production on my of the forth coming ID games.....

8. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Well Doom 3 and Quake 4 were crap so I don't have high hopes for the next installments of those series.

This acquisition is just confirmation of id's death. Let's face it; they started to go downhill after Quake II (or arguably after Quake III) and haven't produced or developed anything good recently.

9. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Matter of opinion. I thought Doom 3 was fun and Quake 4, well it was pretty good too. If this merger gets more money into iD than I can only see better games coming as a result.

10. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I couldn't disagree more. And are your computer specs for real?

11. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Hmm, not sure what to think here, other than total surprise.

On one hand, I like their individual strengths as someone mentioned, but I can't stop thinking of what the 2 together could pull off.

Maybe something completely fresh for a change!

12. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Yeah, that's what I mean, if they could join forces, then they'd do something real nice...

Also, will agree with Dahzeal, it was a surprise for me too, that companies merged:p

13. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    Stay away from Rage, Bethesda ! **** those stupid quests , boring dialogs and static NPC's

14. peter_molyneux

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    This acquisition doesn't mean that Bethesda and id have combined into one development studio. id will continue to operate more or less independently, but under the ownership of ZeniMax. So you guys who are saying "omg Oblivion + Doom/Quake = win!!!1111" are going to be disappointed. Bethesda will continue to make their style of games and id will continue to pump out crappy Orcs & Elves games for your phone.

Morrowind was the last time I can remember a Bethesda storyline being even passable. Oblivion's main story was a complete joke. Fallout 3's plotline started to fall apart after the GNR Radio Station and spiraled downwards into an incredibly disappointing and anticlimactic ending.

The real strengths of Beth's games are their open-world design and mod-friendliness.

Yeah, we can hope that the extra money helps increase the overall quality of id's games. Maybe with oversight from ZeniMax (and EA, if they are still publishing it) id won't completely botch Rage.

Do you actually disagree or are you just jealous of my hardware?

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I wonder how this effects to new Wolfenstein ?

Is it only that id will keep on making their games and Bethesda will publish those ?

16. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    When I saw the topic I was a bit shocked, but that feeling quickly subsided once I realized that this should be a great move for both parties. Hopefully, that greatness will seep out into their products and produce some amazing games!

17. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    I don't think it will affect Wolfenstein:p

18. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    Everything in the WHOLE world is crap for you!
    I've yet to see one, just ONE positive post of you. The only thing you do is complain about just anything. :puke2:

Must be a crap world you live in. :3eyes:

/rant

19. peter_molyneux

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Games currently under development at id probably won't be affected at all.

Not true. I enjoy plenty of games. It's just becoming increasingly rare for anything decent to be released.

I mean is anyone actually going to argue that Doom 3 was anything other than a disappointment, or that Quake 4 and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars were anything other than total garbage? id really hasn't made anything good in a long time.

20. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Actually, I might even agree with that and well, IMO the quality of the recent games released is kinda crap, but it might be just me...