Best windows 10 build

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gabsvm, Jun 2, 2019.

1. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Yeah sure what has that to do with gaming and video cards use windows 3.1 then for faster loading times :p

cryohellinc and Strange Times like this.
  2. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti 1950/21.4G
    If you're talking about boot loading time, Is your motherboard set to UEFI boot or CSM boot?

Sounds like a personal issue as I have an 850 evo as my boot drive as well. The spinning circle only takes one and a half revolutions before booting into Windows 10.

Windows 7 doesn't support Secure Boot, which in turn does not have support for Ultra Fast Boot making the ability for Windows 10 to load even faster.

If you're talking about application load times, you're doing too many things at once if you're waiting for something to load from an SSD.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  3. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Emm. Why would you need SecureBoot for Fast Boot?
    May be your particular motherboard Setup insists on the combo for some arbitrary reason but I can't remember ever coming across such a limitation.
    SecureBoot actually slows the process down by some negligible amount (it's an extra step).
    FastBoot is a motherboard firmware feature which skips some initialization steps which are usually not needed to boot the main OS (for example, it won't search for an OS on a USB drive, etc).

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Win 7 is pure AIDS. Please, let the OS die.

xcazy, Redemption80 and endbase like this.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Sigh...I didn't say anything about the SSD causing the UI to seem more jittery. I said having the mitigations enabled seems to make the UI, less smooth. And yeah that massive 30% hit on SSD perf could also impact the impression of OS operation when things do not open as fast.

6. ocsystem

ocsystem Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070Ti
    Sure then if privacy is not an issue.
    I Compared both win boot times with same bios settings, fresh installed win10 takes >20sec longer.
    in games no diff at all.

7. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti 1950/21.4G
    I see what you thought about my explanation, but i apologize if it was poorly worded.

I meant it as one after the other and the type of Fast Boot mode i forgot to originally add.

You're right, normal Fast Boot doesn't need newer OS support, but some motherboards have an Ultra Fast-Boot option that requires UEFI GOP support, something Windows 7 does not support as it needs CSM for video option rom when booting in UEFI mode.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  8. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    i prefer 8.1

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I upgraded from Win7 pro to 1503 when it was released (I use 850 Evo) and boot times remain the same from Win7 to 1903, takes about 6 sec.
    That is w/o fast boot and legacy MBR boot, so all the same options.