Best VR Headset for IL 2 Sturmovik BOS etc.

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by ESlik, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm almost "positive", Win 7 was the problem. Apparently, you can't even get limited Rift functions to work on Win 7, I've recently read about some Rift S owners that DO run it on Win 7, but not all Rift menu selections are available. At least they got theirs to run. Oh well, like I said, I have no choice now. I might install 10 a bit later. I'm in no hurry at all, for another run with Win 10 and it's gaming issues.

XP-200 likes this.
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well i have not really had any real issues with W10 to be honest, it is uptodate, and the only third party software i have is one programe that disables telemetry data being sent back, and apart from avast that is it, all runs great, you really should give it a go because what a waste to have that 1080ti sitting there when it could be put to good using in vr, it is screaming for some VR love, 1080ti was mean't for VR, it craves Vr, give it VR. lol

3. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    As I mentioned above, now that I got into VR, I'm going to do it right. Go all the way. I'm not stuck on keeping the Rift S, and would look at other HMD units, as well as upgrade my PC etc. etc. I did that. I now have the WS X299 mobo, 9940X CPU, 32 gigs of ram, and two EVGA 2080 Ti' vid. cards. I only use one card when playing in VR. I pre ordered the HP Reverb G2, but it was so far backordered,I started to look for something else. I found this..https://www.pimax.com/products/vision-8k-x. I watched a couple of videos on this HMD, and it appeared to have everything I want in a VR headset. I was impressed. It was in stock, so I ordered it,and I have it in hand right now. Once I get it up and running, I will let all know if I made the right decision. Thank you very much for your input guys. This VR stuff is addictive. Once you're in, you ain't getting out.lol. Take care all...

4. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Did you get the whole bundle with the knuckles and lighthouses, or do you already own those?

6. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have a single Vive base station only. I use my Pimax for flight and race sims, so I am always seated and have no need for added controllers. If ever I do need a full bubdle, I will probably get the Pimax bundle. One base station works perfectly, for seated VR players.