Best Socket 478 CPU cooler?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jeffmorris, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Are there best Socket 478 Intel CPU coolers? The stock cooler doesn't prevent the CPU from overheating.

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    tuniq tower is the best.its expensive but it will last you another socket upgrade at least.make sure it will fit in your case before you get it tho.

3. Chud Hammer

Chud Hammer Member Guru

GPU:
    His IceQ HD3870XT
    I have this in my old machine, does a very good job, might not be the techinal best, but it works a charm with artic silver 5. It can be found here

4. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I downloaded and read the manual for the CPU cooler. I wish that the manual was saved in PDF file instead of JPG file. I'll have to take my computer apart, remove the motherboard from the tower case, remove the original CPU cooler bracket from the motherboard, install the new CPU cooler bracket on the motherboard, install the new CPU cooler on the motherboard, install the motherboard into the tower case, and put my computer together. I rather build a new computer than to take my old computer apart and I'll buy the new cooler for the new computer.

5. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Zalmann CPS9500 (LED'd :D) are great i find, slightly to finddly to install but great performer and looker :)

Took my prescott P4 @ 3.7ghz from 60-70 to 45 max load with fan at 40%.