Best smartphone of 2015

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by moab600, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Best smartphone of 2015

1. Samsung Galaxy Note 5

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/+

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Iphone 6s

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. LG G4/V10

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Huawei P8

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. One plus two

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Motorola Moto X Pure

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. LG Nexus 5X\Nexus 6P

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  9. Other

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Another poll, this time i want everyone that vote please write down your device and your choices of why u chose it over others.

2015 was interesting year in smartphone world, SD810 suffered death row from the get go, which gave birth to SD808, Huawei LG Google all released new and improved phone, Sammy changed their galaxy series for the first time...

I would choose the Note 5, simply the 3D and CPU performance of this thing are unmatched, that the only phone that can run tekken 6 ppspp emulation at 60fps, all other games are smooth as hell 60 fps as well(unless limited to less).
    Display is the best i've seen, outside visibility is amazing, camera top notch, multitasking superb(need custom kernel, as sammy messed it a bit), sound quality is awesome, battery life are good.

I had the G4 before and wasn't impressed at all, only the camera was the standout of the G4, the rest were meh.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I got the Galaxy S5 because it was within budget, and highest spec for that price

Can't say I'm disappointed either

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    GS5 is good phone just make sure u root it and install debloated touchwiz, or CM12.1.

4. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Tried a few custom ROMs, ended up back on stock/rooted with Nova launcher

Only thing I can complain about this phone, is the fingerprint unlock is a bit flaky, sometimes takes like 3 swipes to let me in

Getting around 6+ hours SoT, or about 3-4 days medium/light use

Love the camera, and that's another reason I stick to stock, doesn't look like anyone has managed to port the stock camera app to any custom ROM yet, along with noticing colour saturation is weak in custom vs stock

First Droid device I've owned where stock seems better than custom

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    It's not unusual, LG G3 G4 sammy s6 and forward, stock app is the best and can't be ported to AOSP properly.

I bet u can find debloated TouchWiz roms for S5, i know lot of people hated the s5 because it became slow after short time.

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea there are some debloated TW ROMs, I just root and debloat myself, freeze or uninstall crapware

Some devices run way better with custom, my tablet (TF101) is a brick on stock, but still a battler with custom, but the S5 seems to like stock way better

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Galaxy s3 is disaster on stock, slow as hell, with custom rom it light years ahead of it's stock touchwiz, sammy improved so much since then.

But honestly, i never been in love with a phone like the Note 5, you just need to play with it for two days and see how awesome it is, after root and some tweaks, it's unbeatable.

8. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Was talking to a guy with the note 5, he said the same, amazing awesome phone, he said he wished he had 3 of them

Not due for an upgrade for another 12~ months, depending what's available then, might look at the N5, everything I've seen says the S6 is not much / if any of an upgrade from the S5, in fact, some things are better on the S5 like battery life, and MicroSD etc

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    GS6 is kinda meh, Note 5 is perfection, battery is 3000mhz, though i wish the phone would had at least 3500 or 4000, i don't care if it's not thick like a chick :D

10. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I agree, I'm not that fussed about how thin a phone is, but I do like long battery life

We should be offered a thick back with double battery life vs thin with half

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    5X for budget/performance.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    lumia 950 XL, of course

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    The op missed out Sony Xperia Z5. Has the best screen of any phone and camera is among the best.

14. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    S6 Edge Plus or Note5. Very similar phones in terms of hardware and performance.
    I was a tough decsion for me but I went with the Edge+ because I do not really use my phone for productivity.
    I was never really big into mobile devices, but this device and the Shield Tablet really is a game changer for me. I actually do a lot of things with it were my past phones just were not cutting it.

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    same, when i had the Galaxy S3 i couldn't care about other phones, it was just a phone for me, nothing else.

Then it pissed me off and i bought LG G3, amazing phone, after root custom rom and kernel, the phone really shine and i started playing games more and more on it, then i bought G4, besides camera the phone is not that good.

Note 5 changed all again, that is the only phone with such a brute force that can play all my heavy games(main focus Tekken 6), do awesome multitasking and be extremely efficient and fast, that i felt in love so hard with it :D

16. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    If I tried the Moto X Force/droid turbo 2, I'd say those could potentially be contenders.

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    another vote

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Well my contract is up in the next 2 months but all year I've been pretty uninspired about the phones being released. However I took a look at the S6 edge+ and was impressed. Unfortunately the note 5 isn't available in the UK which was the other one I was considering!

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I don't think that I'll upgrade since my Honor 6 is going strong. Upcoming Windows Mobile 10 phones and Honor 8 are interesting though.

20. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    Had the Nexus 6p in my hands for a couple of weeks now. There is nothing on the market I would rather own, awesome phone.