BEST PvP GAME?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Holofame, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Holofame

Holofame New Member

I know my current user info doesn't suggest being at this site long, but I've been an avid fan of this site for a long time (have had several accounts here). I have last played EQ2 and am looking for a great PvP mmorpg. The last mmorpg I played was EQ2, but it didn't tickle my fancy like DAoC or UO did. Does anyone have any info on future mmorpg's coming out that they would reccomend? Thanks again, as any info is good info. :)

2. Nishchal Sharma

Nishchal Sharma Master Guru

GPU:
    inno3d geforce (2X7800GT)
    Hey your thread reminded me mine first thread... I put a ATI thread in the nvidia section & it got moved.....I think thats gonna heppen to your thread....Sorry MAN......But Don't Lose Heart.....:D:D

3. frsschmidt

frsschmidt Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD
    Believe me there ist no other MMORPG with a PvP System as good as in DAoC. I think the next one will be Warhammer online in 2007 from Mythic ;).

If you find a nice guild then maybe GuildWars is good for you, its the second best PvP MMO in my opionion but not as good as DAoC in PvP. But it's only 8vs8 PvP in this game only if you fight for the hall of heroes there are sometimes fights with up to six groups with eight players in each group who are fighting each other.

Btw. EQ2 is a great game, maybe you just should level up a bit and maybe there will once be PvP Servers.

4. Nishchal Sharma

GPU:
    Well I am not a mmorpg kind of guy...I like FPS & RTS...
    But what kind of internet connection is suited to such games...I have a mobile with EDGE..Will that do??????

5. frsschmidt

frsschmidt Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD
    To play MMORPGs mostly a 56k modem will work. But these games often have huge updates, so i would recommend a faster connection.

6. Nomadik

Nomadik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GS KO
    DAoC is by far the best PvP game developed. They've had thier ups and downs but with new patches coming in class balance it'll be even better than the best. Trust me I've been playing for 4 years.

In the mmo genre that is.

If you do decide to try it come to Hib/Tintegal cluster I can set you up with coin.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    EQ2 sucks big time! EQ1 is way more fun! Have you tried that? Get EQ Platinum, which contains EQ + first 7 expansions from the 10 and buy the last 3 seperate and join one of their PVP servers. :)

EQ1 is much better than EQ2. I'm playing EQ1 for almost 2 years now and i'm still playing it. I tried EQ2 for 1 month put i've stopped playing it. It was soooo boring. :)

8. Nishchal Sharma

GPU:
    My mobile nokia 6021 has "Edge" (Enhanced data transfer over GSM network) that supports a max speed of 256kbps...I think that will be enough to play a"MMORPG".....But what kind of game play I van expect..as I have never played such games.......(Do you have to fight the people in the game all around the world???????)

9. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

GPU:
    6550m @ 735/975
    Try Lineage2 ... its not only based on PvP its more like 50/50 pvp / getting materials/lvls/clothes ...

10. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Don't try Lineage 2... the grind will get you :D
    But those castle siege things are nice :)

11. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    well all u guys praising DAoC for their pvp have clearly never played UO but if u want a newer game with pretty good pvp id try out WoW i love the pvp..

i just miss UO more then anything though i played for 7 years but I cant go back cause they have just made it too fairy for me :(

12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    @Holofame: Several accounts? :confused:
    Like which ones?

13. apolir

apolir Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    ive played all the games mentioned. wow,daoc,uo,eq 1+2, lineage 2, horizons, planetside, and for me the best pvp was in daoc. the rvr warfare is unlike anything else. for me the second best would be wow, the battlegroud system is nice., but the fact you have to keep playing to keep your status is kind of a turn off.

uo's pvp was just groundbreaking back in the day. but now its just too old of a game for a new start to start playing, realy any mmo thats been out for a while is hard for a newcomer to get into , unless they know they will be at a disadvantage for a bit while they get there gear and skills together.

i would take a look at the websites of multiple mmo's and see if they have a free trial period(which most do), but remeber. in the trial periods for most. you dont get nearly the content as if you would buy the game. so just take the trials as a hint of what the game is like.

you can also check out this site for help on mmos
    http://www.gameogre.com/

good luck. and hope you find something you like =)

14. frsschmidt

frsschmidt Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD
    Same here for me, i played a lot of MMORPGs.

DAoC, Anarchy Online, Horizons, Neocron, SWG, Everquest 2, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars ...

If it comes to PvP then there ist no other game for me that comes close to the PvP in DAoC. In my opinion its simply the best there.

From the future MMORPGs which have PvP i am most interested in Conan Online and Warhammer online:

http://www.ageofconan.com/

http://www.mythicentertainment.com/warhammer/

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  15. (TSC)Bender

(TSC)Bender Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 970 G1
    I'm currently hitting up WoW PvP. It's good, but could be a lot better.

I also hear City of Villians / City of Heroes got nice PvP when the villians expansion came out. I'll be getting it soon so I can comment on it later.

16. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    guild wars of course. and its free to play online

17. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    WoW... im hooked :p

18. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    Look who's talking.......

This is the first positive comment i've ever read about EQ2. EQ2 just lacks the fun gameplay of EQ1. I still play EQ1 and tried EQ2 for 1 month and it sucked. Alot of EQ1 veterans would agree with me. EQ2 offers only shiney graphics and nothing more.

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    It is called "boxing".

I've seen it a couple of times in EQ1, people who are "2-boxing or 3-boxing", which means that the've bought EQ 2 or 3 times and are paying for 2 or 3 accounts to have 2 or 3 characters online at the same time.

I knew a guy who was 15-boxing, so 15 accounts!!!!! :eek:
    The guy formed raids with his own characters. :confused:

That guy has money to burn.

20. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    diablo2 :D