Best place to live and why?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by capoz77, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Lots of nice chickies too! I live in Ottawa. It's boring, traffic is a F'ing joke thanks to pioneers and government who never clued into population expansion so the city is a major bottleneck all year round. A typical 20min drive to work takes +1 hour. If there is an accident, you are F'd. Houses keep going up everywhere, for god know why anyone would move here. Things barely change where I live, it just gets noiser and more traffic, while at one end of the city they always seems to get everything including expanding highways while the rest have to suffer. Politicians all live close to Parliament and literally never have to combat traffic so it will never improve. We have a train coming but I'll probably be dead before that's in place. What can I say nice about Ottawa... hmmm. Parliament buildings and what's left of the forest and the Rideau Canal. If I had the choice and/or ability I'd be hightailing it to Vancouver where my best friend lives where nature is all around you. I've been to Vancouver a few times now and you almost have to handcuff me to get me back in the plane. I expect my retiring years will be in Vancouver.

2. acer

acer Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    Sweet, sweet Trinidad. Caribbean island. Nice beaches and no hurricanes.

3. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    I prefer Victoria over Vancouver.

4. IkemenTommy

IkemenTommy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT 512MB HDMI
    Tokyo is alright. There are plenty of activities and night life all year round but it comes at an expensive price. It is also not the most foreigner friendly place on earth, but for every good thing, there are the negatives.

I personally would love the good ol' California, specifically the Orange County but how that state went all backwards with high taxes, amnesty for illegals... it would take years to get that state back.

5. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates..
    damn low taxes, nice payement for various jobs, and gassoline almost for free :p

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The best place to live is where one finds the most solace!

7. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Agreed

8. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    With no atmosphere and no people around I'm not sure I'll need a hospital. Not to mention I won't really be hurt if I happen to fall off of something. And I'm out of school, so it's not a problem. Even if I was though, the internet is good enough.

9. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    That picture makes me wanna shoot them in the head, with a large caliber rifle:D
    :biggun:

Guess, I'm just a violent person. But anyways, I don't get it. They some kind of ugly creature's, that resemble human's, act like bitches and give you hard time, or what?

HOLY SH!T!!:eek:

10. capoz77

capoz77 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin FrozR
    I wasn't aware Florida has so much rain!

I went there about 10 years ago for 2 weeks on hol in October and it had some overcast days but mostly sun :)

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I couldnt imagine moving away from the UK to any country. I lived in Canada Vancouver for about two months with my cusion and i started to get severly home sick. For one I just couldnt stand the niceness after a while. Everyone is a little too freindly where my cusion lives.

On a brighter note I like living in the UK ...
    Love the winter ....
    Love the Summer .... When its hot that is....
    Love the grim look of london
    Love the social life..
    and besides where i live there arnt to many chavs and pikeys... big asian population but they dont cause any trouble so its all cool.

Hate the current party in office tho. :biggun:

12. Travkin

Travkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Sli
    Australia, end of story

13. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Under the situation that I am retiring or dont need a super high paying job, I would move back to my home town of somerset, ky.

Retardedly nice people with southern accents, mild winters but you get to see snow, mountains, slow pace, lake cumberland, houseboats, horses, corn fed beauties, no disasters like earthquakes or floods, only occasional tornados. Its gorgeous down there and its possible for people to live a good life down there with 10 bucks an hour.

Its all personal preference on what the best place to live is. Even for the same person, it would mean a different place at differet stages of your life. My reccomendation would be to travel and figure whats best for you.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    spiders,snakes,crocodiles, sharks,any other fearsome reptiles/arachnia , extreme heat.

no thanks ! lol

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    WTF is that? ^^^ :eek3:
    It's a fancy dress party right? and the theme is Bad Taste? or "If you shagged one of these you would never tell your mates about it"?

For me, Australia's Gold Coast, but as long as I get to bring all the Italian/American New Jersey girls with me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009

16. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Dude, you're pretty weak if ONE beer puts you anywhere near %0.08, which BTW is the same in Atlanta.

17. Travkin

Travkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Sli
    Haha, just dont go wondering off into the bush and ur good, shark attacks are pretty rare too, nothign to worry about lol. As for the extreme heat thats wat the aircon is made for or the beach helps :banana:

18. capoz77

capoz77 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin FrozR
    australia appeals to me too! mealbourne was in the top 10 cities to live in the recent economist report. Do us brits get a lot of stick out there though?

19. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Yeah, the federal government forced South Carolina to drop our legal limit to 0.08%, or they would continue to tax us and withhold our own money for the DOT. TBH, it has nothing to do with being weak or not, but your body mass and such. I'm a short guy, decently built, but one beer would probably put me near the limit now, regardless of my extremely high tolerance.

I've been doing a lot of drinking since I last posted here, and usually down between a 6-pack and a 12-pack a day. Even though I won't even really have a buzz after 6, I would certainly fail a breathalizer. I didn't know you lived in Georgia Alex, lol. Good to see you're still here. BTW, South Carolina is the best place to live y'all. Where else would anyone want to live? :)