1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Phone Cameras (DxOMark)

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by alanm, Aug 25, 2018.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    StewieTech likes this.
  2. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 FTW
    I don't trust it. Companies "pay" for better scores, and some of them are nonsense. The Pixel 2 is apparently still the best smartphone camera out there, yet it's beaten by how many other phones on their list? The P20 Pro is good, but nowhere near as good as their score would suggest. I haven't see a review yet that says the Note 9 camera is better than the Pixel 2. Check out MKBHD on YouTube.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    Applies to any product reviews really, GPUs, cars, tech HW, anything. The scores are so close and depend on a variety of factors and nuances, incl vid performance, low light performance, etc, its easy to see how one can phone can nip another in a few areas and thus overall scores, which again, are very close.

Unless you have done specific in depth testing and comparing shots from the phone cams you question under various conditions, incl low light and vid performance and can post your results, your words carry less weight than theirs. Referring to a youtuber who can only offer subjective impressions is funny. Market hype imo affects more products impressions than you can shake a stick at. Sorry if I prefer to check out reviews of the more capable experts in the field over opinions of random forum posters or subjective impressions of youtubers who have done no in-depth testing whatsoever.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    Don't trust this site, the S9 has a nice camera but it's not great overall, Pixel 2 and P20 Pro has amazing camera, i believe the Mate 20 should fix P20 Pro auto mode a bit.

P20 requires a bit tinkering to get the best result, it's untouched in low light scene, i would say XL2 and P20 Pro are the best currently( at least till next month)....

5. thefonestuff

thefonestuff New Member

GPU:
    The P20 Pro has the best phone camera, hands down! The Pixel 3 XL also comes close with its AI features that let you capture some excellent shots.