Best monitor/s to get for PC gaming?

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Stormster71, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Stormster71

Stormster71 New Member

GPU:
    TitanX
    Best monitor/s to get for PC gaming?

Hey all, I’ve read though a few forum subjects now and not really found what I’m looking for. I’d like some advise on what would be the best monitor/s to get for gaming. Price isn’t an issue. I only use PC for gaming, nothing else.

I currently run 3 x 24inch IPS panels so playing in 5700 x 1200 resolution. I’ve had them a few years now and love the surround view experience. Down side to them is a large bezel, I’d prefer some thing with a smaller bezel but wonder about quality now? I’ve read a lot of positives and negatives here on the forums about frame rates versus resolution and to be honest I’ve no idea what would suit me best!

So firstly, not sure I want to go much bigger, than say 27 inch, or even if I want a single wide screen monitor with 3440x1440 resolution or if I want to stick to 3 single monitors. I play a variety of different games although no multi player online. Is it even possible to run 3 wide screen monitors?

So what would provide me the very best gaming experience regardless of cost? Currently running 1 Titan X gpu but happy to get a 2nd installed if needed with running 3x4k monitors. Although from what I can see people don't recommend this. I also think it could be quite a nice set up if I were to run 3 curved monitors in 5700x1200 but again no bigger than 27 inch due to my desk only being 2m length! So essentially looking for advice on the ultimate set up please?

As I'm new I cant add images to show set up!

Any advice greatly received, many thanks!

2. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    I would suggest to get 1 of those new wide curved screens to replace 3x monitors, no bezels then and you still get wide big picture.

Or get 1-3x 144hz+ ips screens.

But that depends what kind of games you play if that 144hz REALLY is needed or not.
    Imo I would never go less than 144hz anymore in any game.

3. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Depends from game and settings I guess.

4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Gaming and Movies - The LG 34" UltraWide Curved monitor or the Dell 34" UltraWide Curved monitor is what I would recommend if you can live with 60 FPS. Very good quality monitor in this size and resolution.

Pro Gaming - Acer 34" XR Predator 3440x1440 Curved IPS with either Freesync 80 HZ or Gsync 144Hz. Wait for and get the Predator Gsync version if you can support it with your Titan. You might need a second one but this is nearly no compromise in terms of quality and performance.

I have viewed both flat and curved and while a lot of videophiles poo poo on curved screens, for solo gaming firmly in the sweet spot - middle of the screen, curved looks utterly fantastic.

All my friends and family commented on this when we did side by sides.

Big Pharma Douchebag CEO Pimp Gaming - Otherwise, get an OLED 4K Curved TV such as the LG55EG9600 or last years LG55EG9100 55" and sit back by 2 feet. If you have a huge room, you can go up to 65" so your gf, bf, wife or friends can watch also.

Just mind blowing to see 4K in OLED! It literally kills the Samsung, Sony and Sharp IPS 4K panels in terms of overall black levels and color. Its like CRT/Plasma quality in a super flat panel. I rate OLED > IPS > VA > TN.

But do a test drive and let us know what you buy.

5. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    For gaming and movies ?

I also own ips (dell u2312h) but its not great for those because of poor contrast and blacks. maybe look into amva panels ? I am looking into that recently and there are some interesting monitors too