Best Mobo for 2600k - Please Advise

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by crabman, Mar 17, 2013.

1. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    Hi Guys
    Been meaning to change my motherboard for sometime, been bit preoccupied with baby stuff, I am not completely happy with my current motherboard, I have the Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 socket 1155.

dont get me wrong, I have never seen a BSOD but I hate the Marvel sata 6 controller which restricts my SSD, which is pants, also the USB 3.0 is controlled by the Etron drivers which have known issues, that can be quite annoying and also there are only 2 x usb 2.0 on the back and 2 x usb 3.0 which is not enough,
    I do like the UEFI BIOS which is perfect, mobo overclocks a treat but I want everything to work and more usb on the back.

I would be very interested to hear some suggestions, preferably a mobo with intel sata 6 controller that supports mushkin ram as I have a set of 2 x 4GB - 997057 - lots of slots, UEFI bios, great overclocker, ultra reliable and future proof, not interested in sli, 1 graphics card is enough for me. thanks in advance for any help given. be good to get a few put forward, thanks guys.

Kind Regards
    Paul