Best MMO?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Seems to be. It takes one look to figure out how that's going to play out...

Needless to say, I haven't given it a second thought. :puke2:

2. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    fixed :p

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    any f2p is a hook to get you to spend money or your are going to be left in the dust in groups/pvp etc at some point and time.

i rather enjoyed atlantica online tho as far as f2p go lest it starts off pretty easy with tons of loot drops higher level loot is rare. it is a "turn based" combat system you get a team of mercs you employ and have to gear up as you and they level, and you fight final fantasy style. it has a good deal of content and they update it fairly regularly. some refuse to play it because of the turn based combat but it does add strategy into the mix shuffling your lines using the right skills on the right mercs at the right time. and it is truely different among all the the mmo scene because of the combat.

beyond that eve online is the most depth is one where it seems ccp is determined to make it the ultimate space mmo with future expansions ambulation and fighting on planets. tho by the time they get any of that stuff patched in sw the old republic might be out and i really really excited to see how bioware does an mmo.

4. wickedgames

wickedgames New Member

I play alot of MMO games and currently have been playing Warhammer Online. The company Mythic has just released an expansion called "Land of the Dead" and frankly it bombed and the population on most of the servers is basicly dead.
    Now after playing since launch with maxxed toons on 3 servers with high RR ( like advancement AA passed highest lvl in other games) the game is almost completely dead and most are headding to Aion.

BTW, just this passed weekend I played in my first beta (3)weekend of Aion and wow I was impressed.
    The talk about the asian grind MMO is without basis and the game is amazing graphicly and very polished. The game runs fantastic with my rig (good but nothing exceptional) getting about 100-200 FPS with everything maxxed 1920/1080 res on 32" monitor! My other game (war) gets like 20 to 90 fps on lower settings on that buggy POS game.

There are 8 classes which branch out from orig 4 Tank,Ranger,Healer,Mage and 2 races which compete on
    PVP which starts at lvl 25. I played 3 of the classes on 2 of the races and all are solid and fun to play. The game is currently out in asia with over 3 million paid subs and the current beta is for the NA servers where the game is being "westernized" and not just translated with goofy npc chatter.

Many superior PVP guilds are starting chapters in Aion now and so if you like to PVP like I do you should give this gem a go and try to secure a beta account from your local game store for a small deposit or i hear fileplanet has beta keys if you sign up there for a small amount.

Also as was mentioned AOC and LOTRO and even WAR and WOW have free trials that can be explored but my money is going to be on Aion as I had a blast in beta and have preordered the collectors edition in anticipation of something great. GL to you

5. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    There are no good MMO's right now. EVE might be okay but I've never played it in-depth.

Anyone who says WoW is the best must enjoy endless hours of grinding crappy instances ("content") and playing with millions of 12-year-old retards. The game is awful; even WAR and AOC are better and both those games have been abandoned by their respective player bases.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Aion was fun..... i also played in the latest beta for a bit. But i have to say.... the best MMO hands down in my opinion..... Ragnarok Online.

7. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Im still waiting for another good MMO,

WoW - good gameplay/content -outdated graphics
    AoC - wasted 12GB to download the beta (only played pvp beta @DX9)
    D&D - Well its D&D, looked good back when i played it, gameplay was also ok
    Vanguard - Well rounded, just lacks the player base of WoW

Not sure about Aion, guess will have to wait and see.

8. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Thats for the post guys!

9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
  10. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Aion beta? I thought it was already out in Korea + China? And a BIG hit?

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ... it IS out in korea/china..... but it's not out here in the US yet. the beta was for US servers.

12. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    lol lots of chicks actually play this game.. i remember playing the alpha/beta days :p

13. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    The only 2 upcoming mmos that I am really waiting for are Aion and SW:TOR. For right now you could try WoW(other mmos are kind of lame compared to wow) but don't play it too much or you will lose your life to it(like I did for almost 3 years and than stopped) I just play arenas in wow with my friends on weekends and thats about it.

14. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Pretty much if you can manage your time you can play it while working full time. Say only raid uldar and naxx in the afternoons after work, it all plays out... When I played last year all I did was pvp and arena.. totally different from the pve world heh.

15. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Been playing the Aion beta and i love it.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    shoja: WoW sucks. I mean yes.... it has one massive freakin population (only because of those who think WoW = Life).... but it's just boring as hell.

One reason i like Ragnarok Online.... not only do you have quite a large number of job classes to choose from, and then a few advanced class possibilities sprouting from those.... but you also have the freedom to assign points to your stats.... so you could be a mage that can still kinda kick a** with melee attacks, Or an Assassin that's damn near untouchable with a boatload of Agility and Luck.

17. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    EVE is the best MMO. Period.

18. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So... how exactly is that different from WoW? I just counted 12 proffessions from memory, most of them having different routes to go down to suit what you want etc.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    maybe cause wow your stats are the same as every other players? you have no options or builds in mind with your stats and then your limited in pvp build and pve builds in wow or a hybrid i suppose of the 2 but jack of all trades master of none type stuff. cant speak to ragnarok i never played it but i have played wow and the character system is so dumbed down it is dumb.

20. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Just started playing Runes of Magic http://www.runesofmagic.com and it's pretty fun. It's F2P with micro transactions but it's easy to level even without buying anything. The graphics are kind of WOWish but its fun none the less.