Best looking console games?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by SerotoNiN, Nov 11, 2011.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Becoming the console-exclusive gamer lately, I was wondering everyone's opinion regarding graphics and console games.

I've been playing Uncharted 3 and while some spots are truly amazing, I can't help but feel Uncharted 2 was much more graphically superior. The gameplay is also getting stale to me, as much as I've been looking forward t Uncharted 3, as much as I loved 2, I'm really disappointed with it so far.

Batman Arkham City looks like it has a lot of life to it, I enjoyed arkham asylum, skyrim looks fantastic - how well is battlefield 3 visually on consoles? I mean yes, I know "PC OWNZ AND BLOWZ IT OUTS OF TEH W@T3R!!!" but as far as consoles go...how does it fair?

What's everyones game of choice when considering graphics and being the best looking game on a system.

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Forza Motorsport 4 on Xbox 360.

Not even a dedicated computer junkie can deny the insane amount of detail running at 60 FPS in Autovista mode on such old hardware. Look it up if you have any doubts.

3. outbreak123

outbreak123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    uncharted easily.. if only you give it to a more powerful machine. hands down one of the best looking game ever

4. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Id have to agree with uncharted, resistance 3 looks really good in places aswell, most of the PS3 exclusives looks decent.

Gears 3 looks pretty good aswell but i havent finished it yet as getting a little bored of it.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I'll have to look into this, how does it handle gameplay wise? Is it a drifting game or are the controls tighter with just straight up old school style racing?

6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I'd have to say personally, God of War 3 is the most visually impressive game I've yet to see on a console. Uncharted 2 is #2 on my list.

7. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yeah god of war 3 is a good shout actually, really impressive in places, huge scope and scale.

8. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    especially the first 20 minutes with those huge monster battles. Some of that stuff in that game rivaled and even surpassed anything I have seen on PC - even when I had 2x460's in sli with an i7 and was pushing everything to the max, Gow 3 was just insanely impressive.

Unfortunately they blew their load in those first 20 minutes and everything else was fun and gorgeous, but just not as up to par as those first minutes.

9. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Uncharted Series, havent finished 3 yet but UC2 was stunning.

Killzone 2/3, this game has great lighting and atmosphere one of the best I've seen, textures on some areas were amazing.

God of War 3 - Nuff Said

Resistance 2 and 3

GT5

Gears of War 3 - this console was made for this engine or is it the other way around. Looks good.

10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I tried the killzone 2 demo - it looked impressive, my issue were the controls, I just couldn't get used to them, nor could I aim for sh*t. I still need a kb and mouse for fps games. :bang:

11. Firepac

Firepac Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 680GTX 4GB
    God of War 3 was truly a cinematic experience. Heavy Rain is also up there.

12. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    mass effect series is gorgeous.

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Uncharted series
    Heavy Rain

14. jellysheep

jellysheep Banned

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    Killzone 2/3, and mass effect 2 look prety damn good, few games if any do the facial animations as good as ME2.

15. ToolJar_80

ToolJar_80 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1x2 SLI
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm about 1/2 way through and I feel most of the levels are dark and boring. I feel like I'm always fighting the same enemies (guys in black suits). I'm still having fun with it and will finish it, but Uncharted 2 is far superior.

These are my top picks as well. I feel the PS3 is a more powerful system in terms of graphics.

16. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    ^

IT is, it's CPU & GPU are superior. RAM is one of it's problems.

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    It is the best simulation car game I've ever played on a console. Superb physics with all cars treated equally. It can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. Complete simulation, completely assisted or any combination.

Drifting is a big part of the Forza community, along with drag racing and people that just log on to cruise and enjoy the graphics.

www.forzamotorsport.net

18. LogiTekkers

LogiTekkers Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX SLi
    The scenery in Red Dead Redemption looks pretty damn nice on the Xbox :)

19. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I generally play ps exclusives(with some other games I had on pc) and I would say Killzone 2 and killzone 3 have a pretty awesome graphics and wish more ps3 games looks like the Killzone series do.

20. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Alan Wake, Uncharted