Best joystick for BF2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mcnabb311, Aug 28, 2005.

1. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Hey guys, I always hated the Battlefield games because of the degree of difficulty flying with the mouse and keyboard combo. Battlefield 2 looks so inticing that I really want to learn how to fly well. What joystick do you guys recommend?

2. ultra5711

ultra5711 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Don't use the mouse use w,a,s,d + arrows keypad.

3. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    presonally, im using the Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2. but so long as you have a joystick with a 3rd axis (so you can twist the joystick yolk to the left or right for horizontal rotation) and a throttle for speed control, youll be set.

4. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    I did that for a while, but you can get much more response out of the mouse. It just takes a bit of practice. Oh, and don't forget to invert the mouse in the options.

As far as joysticks, I've heard good things about that Saitek Evo stick. I've been thinking about buying one myself.

5. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Thats what I do, invert the mouse for flying and it works awsome, though I still suck at flying in BF2 :D

6. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I found that stick (Saitek Evo) for about $35.00 shipped at newegg. I'd love to get mouse, peddle, throttle control but thats a little rich for my blood. Thanks guys that's probably what I'll get. I'm still open to suggestions though. And while I'm waiting on the stick I'll try the mouse and then the keyboard combo again.

7. R.A.D.

R.A.D. Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi gtx 560 ti tf2
    i have a cheap no name joystick with only 2 buttons and i use the keyboard for throttle and rudder control. Im only limited by my skill not the joystick, so anything better than that will make you happy.

8. Jdoggg12

Jdoggg12 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800GT
    +1

9. browney

browney Member

GPU:
    x800 pro
    the mouse and keyboard is far better imo i tried my Saitek Evo but cant get used to it on bf2, i am good enough to be able to through the tunnel on the dam and most other tricks

10. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    W,S,A,D & my Diamondback I have an X52 joystick & throttle but much preffer the keys & mouse for this game.............

11. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    I tried the Saitek Evo but had major problems because it was too lighter action and so went over to a (Don't laugh) Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which seemed alot better for fast low level flying without plowing yourself into the ground.
    :D

12. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Doesn't that seem like a bit of overkill for BF2 anyways?

13. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Well it would be if I bought it for BF2 :p.I bought it for use with my flight sims of which I have quite a few & some where your everyday joystick just wont cut it. I have "ZERO" need for a keyboard with flight sims thats why I bought it ;).

14. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    gotcha :thumbup:

15. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I heard that those sticks had a major design problem. I think it supposedly would become uncalibrated and constantly turn left.

16. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Re: Re: Best joystick for BF2?

Same here! w00t!!

17. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Logitech's 'FREEDOM 2.4GHz CORDLESS' joystick has ten buttons and throttle is a good one too.

18. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    Been lucky so far,no problems yet.:D

19. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I have had a few problems when FREEDOM 2.4GHz CORDLESS goes to sleep and I forget to press a button to wake it up and do a back flip in the blackhawk. I had a problem with the settings in BF2 returning to default once but I put that down to a bug in BF2. The rotation left and right is great for steering the choppers though you have to have the sensitivity right or you get mega oversteer. Not a bad joystick though if you don't mind waking it up now and then.

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Heard the same thing here. That stick gets nothing but bad reviews, though it's amazingly cheap in some places. I know you can pick it up in Canada for about $7 in some places.

Though as others have said, the Saitek Evo is wonderful. In fact.. anything made by Saitek I've found to be utterly flawless in both design and quality.