best graphic game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, May 18, 2006.

1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I said Oblivion was an example and i'd not [layed it so chill out.

2. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    lol i feel we'r speacking of what color is beter red or yellow!! xD PPL like different type of graphycs and game styles so u cant say to Oblivion fan taht Oblivion Graphycs sux becos he will make excuse why it dosent.. its just like me and HL2 =D so get over it there is no point in Thread if u will proof that one game is beter the onther!!

3. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Come on buddy, I wasn't being belligerent. I respect your opinion and that's the truth. This whole argument is completely subjective but it does lead to some interesting conversation.

4. MikhRus

MikhRus Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX275 Superclocked
    Guys, maybe next summer Obvilion will look great with Geforce 8900GTX, but now it sucks. It is concerning graphics.
    Now about gameplay. Honestly I like better shoot-em-all stile, not go-trade-quest-be-bored. Far cry is the BEST!!!

Cant wait to have CRYSIS

Last edited: May 23, 2006

5. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

i'll give you my true choice: FarCry

the graphics had me almost in tears, i know many says
    it doesnt really look THAT good. each one is entitled to
    his own opinion, but for me it's above and beyond everything else.
    Oblivion graphics aren't that great actually.
    the outdoors in Oblivion lacks any kind of emotional attachment,
    i felt i was playing a game, while in FarCry everything seemed very realistic
    and i forgot where i was and who i am while playing it.

so yeah FarCry is the best graphics ever. (for me) ;)

6. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    I think in terms of budget, FarCry (though I have never played it) or Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. Come on guys, check this game out! I think it was released in 2002 or 2003, but it looks great on 1280x1024 res maxxed out settings (though no HDR, AA, or AF is built into the game) and it runs on my brother's P4 2.0 GHZ w/ Radeon 9000 at about 40fps. It is amazing for the amount of graphx power required. I still defend Oblivion and Ph33r.

-Satan

7. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

usually i never comment on games i never played.
    but if you saw perhaps the game in action (in front of you
    in a monitor with maxxed everything) then i understand what you mean. ;)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    this thread is about graphics, not gameplay....

9. Bloodlust86

Bloodlust86 Guest

So... If I took a dump in a box and labeled it good, you'd use it?

Come on hehe, you can't judge a game entirely by its graphics, I don't know what the gaming world is coming to but yes graphics are nice to look at, but you might as well watch a movie like Star Wars Episode 3 or something with a ton of CGI in it, those are graphics, they're better than anything out there too since they use unix farms to create them. Drool on that.

Anyways, I would just like to say that I don't know if I speak for everyone here, yes the thread is about graphics, but lets take one step back here and look at the big picture. The games that were truely revolutionary, weren't because of their graphics necessarily, it was because incredible/unique gameplay was given. It may had been the first, etc. A good example of this, is Mechwarrior/Mechwarrior 2 for example.

I mean as far as I can see, every direction I look, gamers all around today are getting more and more obessed with these graphics that don't even look real at all, and if they did, you would rather play a game that looks real, or a game that looks decent and a ton of fun with gameplay you would never forget and be attached to throughout your gaming days? I think I know what i'd choose, and a few of you probably do too.

If those game developers took two seconds to turn around, ignore consoles for two seconds, and develope a game that was to be a GOOD game, I think you'd be quite impressed with what they'd scavange up if you put it in the hands of a veteran game company that has brought us classic and rememorable titles.

So I guess maybe i'm not escaping the thread title, because I am talking about graphics. I'm talking about how breakthroughs of computer hardware, is causing graphical obsession and not enough gameplay obsession. So let me ask another question, you'd rather play a game, that you jump into for 30 minutes to an hour or so, and want to turn it off because you've gotten bored with it since the gameplay is lacking, but its great to look at for a bit?

Might as well get into like photography, take lots of pictures that are great to look at for a bit, but you can't stare at them for hours wondering. I prefer gameplay over graphics, anyday.

Sorry for those that I may had somehow offended in this, I dont' think I posted anything offensive, and for the rest, have a nice day. Thats my two cents.

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB

the question in the thread was the best graphics game !!!!

still think its oblivion and fear tho :)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    please do me a favour before u post next time...

"Read the topic name first, then post!!!!!!!!"

this is about best graphics game, not about the best game... So when I say quake 4 has better graphics than doom, it doesn't make it a better game, it only means, that in my opinion quake 4 has better graphics... I, myself don't give a crap about the graphics, but expressed myself, because this thread is about graphics... If u don't like threads about graphics, don't post in them...

so next time put away the sarcasm and post about topic, not off topic...