best graphic game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, May 18, 2006.

1. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Yeah, cod2 looks amazing for sure.

2. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    that is bollocks. cod2 doesnt look as good as farcry.....and sorry but so what if it is dated?????the patches have constantly improved the graphics such as HDR (one of only 4 games to feature it) and you think its better looking than fear???your talking out of your arse...you must either have a **** computer or never actually properly played fear on decent settings, fear is lush in everyway from textures to lighting. cod2 is bland, generic and lacks any kind of imagination in programming a game whatsoever.

3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I would say Oblivion with all maxed out. If GRAW supported AA it might be one of the best looking graphics.

4. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2070 Super
    For the sheer scale of things Oblivion gets my vote.

Running that maxed out with HDR and AA is breathtaking.

It may not have the texture detail of fear but then again Fears environments are about the size of a small box compared to oblivions so I would expect them to be better.

I would say realism wise HL2 gets my vote. It manages to still look good even without using barely any bump mapping at all (which I personally feel gets too over used).

Farcry to me although excellent looking has always felt a little unrealistic. I think this is mainly due to the too blue water and the plastic looking people (personal opinion).

I do hope however that with some of the upcoming games that developers shift some focus to gameplay. A game is nothing without it.

5. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    just think when far cry came out im sure the fastest card you could buy was a 6800u agp or 850 xt agp do you think thats what far cry two will do to graphics cards of today? like you will only beable to max it out two years after its released?

i also think far cry, cod2, fear and trl btw

edit- i agree that hl2 is the most realistic in feel sound and the look

edit2-"that is bollocks. cod2 doesnt look as good as farcry.....and sorry but so what if it is dated?????the patches have constantly improved the graphics such as HDR (one of only 4 games to feature it) and you think its better looking than fear???your talking out of your arse...you must either have a **** computer or never actually properly played fear on decent settings, fear is lush in everyway from textures to lighting. cod2 is bland, generic and lacks any kind of imagination in programming a game whatsoever."

i think cod2 looks better to my tastes and if that is your rig have you played fear on max settings dude?:)

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  6. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    well obviously for my rig NO (i poultry medium all round for me) but yes i have played it at its highest settings. i have cod2 aswell (which runs at high for the lot) but just dont see how it looks better than fear. but each to their own of course

7. lickisg

lickisg Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI gtx 460 1gb 800/1880
    It depends...
    -Far cry and oblivion comes tight on graphics envoirement: (water, trees, mountains, bushes, etc.)
    -Half-life 2 comes as the best character and faces graphic looking games. Also it contain best phisics.
    -Doom 3 comes winner in shadow/lighting graphics
    -FEAR goes winner in details and graphic realism.

Some games as its grapchcis advantages but all of them looks amazing.

8. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    ok look at the walls and characters in cod2 and tell me that farcry is better with is plain looking textures, and low poly characters. as for fear i play it on max settings along with cod2. sorry fear is nice but just to many of the same looking indoor enviornments. play the cod2 mission where the americans storm the beach cliff. that blows away anything farcry can do. i feel fear has the most fun gunplay though. very nice physics and particle effects. btw about my comp being **** your one to talk. look at your rig compared with mine.

9. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    COD2 looks bloody amazing, as long as you have the hardware to do it justice. It takes alot of power to make the game truly stunning, but maxxed it is easily one of the best looking games, and leaves FarCry far behind (no pun intended). FEAR is stunning, but IMO Condemned looks even better, as the engine seems to have matured.

Oblivion is easily the single most graphically impressive game currently, but once again the hardware requirements are astronomical. However playing it maxxed is like no other gaming experience, breathtaking does not do it justice.

10. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    someone actually mentioned Silent Hill 3 hehe, the character models look really good specially on 4096x4096 render resolution (which is still taxin).

FarCry still looks fantastic imo, as well as the run and gun Painkiller with SM3.0

11. Professor78

Professor78 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870 XXX
    For me I'd have to say Oblivion.
    Also Everquest 2. There is still no PC out there that can run the damn thing anywhere near extreme settings :)

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Quake 4, GTL and Oblivion...

13. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Quake 4
    CoD2
    Oblivion
    TR Legend

14. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    i think the best looking for low end systems has to be return to castle wolfenstein you can play that on just about anything and it still looks great

15. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    HL2 Lost Coast
    Far Cry
    Condemned Criminals

16. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    It's got to be Oblivion, no question. Playing that game at 1600x1200 with 16x AF is truly breathtaking. I built my PC solely with Oblivion in mind.

Here's a shot I took after I whacked a bear and watched the Havoc physics engine have it roll hilariously down a hill. Of course the JPEG doesn't begin to do the game justice.

[​IMG]

17. Zetal

Zetal Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GT OC'd 256MB
    I pretty much keep to FPS games so I'll just stay there since I know for sure about the graphics.

I used to think Far Cry was really close to FEAR but after playing it last night after testing out my new monitor, I realized that places where you think there would be shadows, there aren't any. I guess FEAR spoiled me in the fact that everything has a shadow--everything (full settings). Sure, Far Cry has HDR but it was experimental HDR. It is mostly just a demo for the effect so it has quite a few downsides.

I can't completely say one or the other. They are both impressive in their own ways. Far Cry has the size, FEAR has the super detail.

I don't even think HL2 should be included in this at all. After playing games like Far Cry and FEAR, HL2 seems to have really crappy bump mapping. ...and don't forget that the graphics were never the best when it came out.

18. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB

yeah , HL2 aint even a contender , dont get me wrong its a cracking game ,

but graphic wise Farcry , F.E.A.R or oblivion kick its ass

19. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    it maybe the sound for me that makes hl2 so imersive im not sure but imo hl2 lost coast has to be one of the fullest feeling games around but thats not what this thread is about:)

20. Templ

Templ Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 970 Gaming
    FarCry looks dated to me. Only the water still looks great. Not to mention that they game is not that good to begin with. Stupid monkies. god i hate those things. Totally ruin the game.

Anyway. I would say that Oblivion, SP: Chaos Theory, COD 2, FEAR (for the little we see), Doom 3 are the best looking. I suppose HL2 looks very good aswell, but i hate it that the clouds don't move and that it's always the same weather. It's not a must, but it would make the game even more atmospheric.