Best GPU to run 3 SVGA Monitors for work?

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by plodge85, Sep 24, 2013.

1. plodge85

plodge85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Hi guys,

I have a customer who wants to run three SVGA Monitors ( 3 x Dell e197fpf ) in a work type environment. So no gaming will be done, just accounts and the like. Can anybody make any recommendations for a GPU?

Is AMD eyefinity easier to use than Nvidia surround?

Current Specs :
    Intel® Core™ i3-3240, 3.3GHz Dual Core Processor
    16GB DDR3 1333 RAM
    Intel HD 2500 Graphics Processor
    Microsoft Windows 8

Any help appreciated, thanks

EDIT: I need three DVI-I out or two DVI-I one SVGA out don't I?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070Super
  3. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    #1. Eyefinity and Surround do not matter. Those are only for gaming. You are wanting a simple multi-monitor set up.

Pretty much any card that allows you to use 3 outputs at the same time will work.

For newer cards, most will have 2x DVI and at least one DP or mini-DP.

I am guessing even a $30-$40 card off of newegg that has 1x DVI, 1x vga, and 1x HDMI would work.

Either way, you are going to need at least one adapter.

4. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Watch out, most of the cards that have 1 DVI, 1 VGA, and 1 HDMI will only let you use 2 outputs at any given time. Any AMD card that has DP or mini DP out should be fine, as long as that DP output is actually used for one of the monitors.

I think it was Sapphire that released a line of cards call Flex that had an additional chip to output to three DVI/HDMI/VGA outputs, like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102960

This card isn't going to run a whole on those monitors, but it will probably be the easiest to get connected and working. It does look like it includes a HDMI to DVI adaptor as well, so as long as all three monitors have DVI you should be good to go.