Best GeForce 6800GT Brand and Why?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Noxian, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Noxian

Noxian Member

GPU:
    ASUS™ EN7600GT @ 635/1400
    As Im now a loyal fan of a GeForce 6800GT, I would just like to gather the opinions of you gurus on which company manufactures the best Geforce 6800GT and why is it deserved to be crowned the all around best manufacturer of all. Because of their interesting package? good OC potential? or coolest looking card design?

Please give me your opinions :)

2. Xall

Xall New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6600 256 @ 550/610
    xfx imho. they use higher quality memory, pcb, and overall construction than any other manufacturer. that's why they're typically the most expensive. however, xfx's heatsinks aren't always as good as some of the more lavish ones put out by...albatron, asus, etc. but if that doesn't bother you or if you plan to get a higher quality heatsink, go xfx (if money is no object :p).

just a quick side note...on water cooling i got my xfx 6600 vanilla to (300/500 stock mind you) 550/610 stable. the memory just has some cheap copper ramsinks on them atm. anyway, i can overclock to 600/620 but source engine games seem to get artifacts when I do this...so I just back it down. regardless of cooling methods, the fact that the chip and pcb and surrounding components can take that kind of frequency/voltage strain is something to be said.

3. shaolin95

shaolin95 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 / XFX GTS250
    BFG for great build quality and life time warranty and Leadtek for great OCing potential (BFG does pretty good too).

4. Firstperson

Firstperson Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2070
    XFX, eVGA, BFG all have lifetime warranty. So I would go with one of those, then basically I would look at price, clocks, and bundle.

5. SkyDiveee

SkyDiveee Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 7800GTX 256Mb
    Msi ->imo very good o/cing

6. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    There are a million of these threads, I remember looking at one a few weeks ago. You wont get a straight answer, everyone has good or bad luck with different brands. In reality, I think it depends on the card itself not so much the brand. However there are definitely those not so good brands. I'd base your buy off of warranties and upgrade... like evgas nice upgrade policy.

7. SupaSiLa

SupaSiLa Banned

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 256mb @ 430/1150 (Zm
    bfg just because of the lifetime warrenty and its also a solid card

8. digitard

digitard Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GT/256mb (OC 480/1150)
    Until I toasted it, which was my fault, I really liked my LEADTECH 6800GT. It comes w/ a HUGE heatsink/fan stock so you can overclock it pretty nicely w/o extra cooling.

I got greedy thoguh and put a Silencer on it and blammo... toasted it. I hate AC now...lol.

9. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    XFX becuz they oc very well :) and they look nice ;)

10. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    i had a bfg second edition(first was reference design), nice copper heatsink oc'ed nicely

11. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    i have a bfg second edition and it's oc'ed out of the box and lifetime warranty

12. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    My XFX 6800GT wont go beyond 370 core, and I had to downclock the memory to 990mhz. I already put on a zalman cooler and ramsinks (ramsinks were put on with an adhesive) so i cant RMA it. As I said, it depends on the individual card, I ended up getting a sh*t one.