Best Gaming Headsets?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Black0ut, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Black0ut

Black0ut Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
    It's time for me to get a different headset. I have a Turtle Beach Z6A and the build quality was not as good as I thought it was supposed to be. After about a month and a half it's already cracking and falling apart. I was wondering what the best headsets are that are under $200. I was looking at the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and the Logitech G35 but I don't know if the G35 is worth the extra money over the 1500. Are there any other headsets out there that are better for around the same price range?

2. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Psyko has a March sale,and you can get a set of Carbon's for $149.00. That's less than the lower end Krypton's. www.psykoaudio.com.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I am not going to profess that I know much about headsets, but I do know some are made out to be better than they are, some are better than what people thing, and the majority sound better after some time. Once you get them, play music through them 24 hours a day for a few days at a medium level (not too loud though), and you will be able to enjoy them in their full glory now instead of 5 or 6 months time!

4. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Gaming headsets are full of crap, bad sound quality, uncomfortable and expensive.

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Does it need to have microphone ?

If not, take a look at AKG K240MK2, I have that and like it.

6. 200+club

200+club Banned

GPU:
    evga gtx580 cl-ul 3072
    the g930 is what i have had for a year. great "gaming" sound quality, 10+ hours of battery life, great range, voice morphing, great mic, comfortable even being slightly on the heavy side, and best of all they are built very well. i got mine on sale for 99.00 and they are well worth it.

7. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I own the Logitech G35 and I love them. the G930 is also a good choice if you want wireless (they're the same headset).

8. 200+club

200+club Banned

GPU:
    evga gtx580 cl-ul 3072
    dont want to argue but there are too many differences to keep from someone considering new phones. i have owned both so didnt need a review to make my mind up. seeing how you want to compare then here is a list of differences as the g35 and g930 being the same headset except one is wireless theory is not as cut and dry as might seem. i will say first hand, the 930 is wayyyyyy more comfortable.
    http://pxquad.blogspot.com/2011/03/logitech-g930-vs-g35-second-look.html

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I have a pair of the g35 freaking hate them. usb sound is not for me