best fps max in cs:GO

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by robis85, Jun 13, 2019.

1. robis85

robis85 Member

GPU:
    gtx 960 1gb
    Hello, i`m playing cs:go professionally, i would like to ask ultimately best fps_max option for least input lag/ best performance overall option? either fps_max 300/ fps_max 0/ fpx_max 999/ fps_max 144/145. I use:
    144hz monitor
    gpu:gtx960 1 gb
    cpu: i5 8400
    16gb ram,
    I usually play full hd but couse of my bad GPU i get around 250 fps and in heavy 5v5 fights it drops to a bout 200~ish.
    Thanks alot for help!!! :p

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    fps_max 0

add this to your launch options:

+fps_max 0 -nojoy -high -fullscreen -tickrate 128 -novid -nod3d9ex1 -lv +mat_queue_mode 2 -noborder +cl_forcepreload 1 -threads 8

The game can only see upto 8 threads if I am correct, but will only use a max of 4 with 1 core being loaded the most. The thread setting just allows the game to see more that more threads are there and that it can chose to use any of them. Set this to whatever threads your CPU has which is 6 for the i5 8400

3. robis85

robis85 Member

GPU:
    gtx 960 1gb
    hello CPC_RedDawn, what does -lv do and -nod3d9ex? i have -d3d9ex and it seemed to help with shuttering and alt+tabbing my game? originally it says my cpu got 6 cores but whenever i check bios or task manager it says 5 cores ??? idk :/ "high" setting enables turbo boost on my cpu which gives more fps but makes shuttering bad, so i prefer it without turbo boost i guess? :eek: not sure if i`m correct

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    not sure what -lv actually does tbh its one of the settings I copied years ago and just left it in there.

as for -nod3d9ex1 this disables the console API features that made its way into the game when it launched on consoles, and forces the game to use desktop dx9 API. Not sure if this was ever patched out of the game but I still have it.

and -high shouldn't force turbo boost on the CPU, it changes the games priority in task manager to high so the game gets more CPU time than other apps. To turn turbo boost off you need to go into the BIOS for that, or go into control panel and power options and leave it on the balanced profile this allows the CPU to downclock when idle to 5% by default.

Also, your CPU does have 6 cores, PC's are weird and its counts the cores from 0.

So windows will show your CPU cores as: 0,1,2,3,4,5

hope this helps.

5. robis85

robis85 Member

GPU:
    gtx 960 1gb
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  7. robis85

robis85 Member

GPU:
    gtx 960 1gb
    ohh i fixed it i needed to uncheck number of process in msconfig :D tyty, but my game felt alot smoother with fps_max 300 imo ? maybe added alot input lag? fpx max 0 or 999 makes it more choppy but somewhat faster?

8. white777

white777 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 6150 LE
    Idk, dude. Write net_graph 1 in console and check fps by yourself. You can see everything by yourself. By the way, what is your rank ? I am playing cs go for a couple of years. Everything is fine, I have a lot of fps and I win a lot of games, but I am still having a very low rank gold nova 4. Can you give me a piece of advice? I am actually thinking about buying a boost. Can anyone recommend me some really good csgo boost ? This is very important for me, I can't take it anymore!

Last edited: May 31, 2020