Best Drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Crowley, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Crowley

Crowley Active Member

GPU:
    sapphire 9100 250/200 :P sux
    Im using a Sapphire Ati Radeon 128mb Atlantis
    I want to get my fps at top so im thinking of overclocking my card but I dunno how you do and I dont know wich graphic drivers gives the most fps?

2. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    It's a 9-series Radeon, so you probably want to stick with Catalyst 3.7 for now. There's a big controversy going on now about the Catalyst 3.8 drivers, and although they really looked great and I really like the control panel, I won't touch them again with a ten-foot pole until ATI clear the air about whether they do indeed cause problems with people's video cards or not.

Now it looks like they'll just bring out 3.9's in several weeks and act like, "Driver problems? What driver problems?!" But the problems, real or imagined, are plastered all over every forum visited by every performance computer user on the planet. If it's my video card, I want more than a company's dead silence in order to reassure me....

3. Rick Steele

Rick Steele Member

GPU:
    ASUS EN7900GTX 512mb PCIE
    Stay away from the cat 3.8. I went to uninstall and the process wiped out all but a couple of my apps in my program partition-wordperfect office-400mb, microangelo 5.8, paintshop pro 8.10 and so on. About the only thing whole left was MS Office 2000 sp3. Emailed ATI and got no response, so I deleted all partitions and just finished completely reinstalling as we speak; I just deleted my backup-Drive Image 7.01 before attempting to uninstall the cat 3.8's-bummer-that and the drivers-they did increase my system temp by about 3 to 5 degrees C; topped out at 45C stressed. But, wiping out the harddrive is unforgiveable-read somewhere about compatability concerns with RAID-cannot rediscover the link

4. David

David Guest

I have seen several sites where people have tested the 3.8's vs the 3.7's in temperature. almost every single site showed the 3.8's being LOWER than the 3.7's.