Best Drivers for ATI 1900XT

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by cowen, May 1, 2006.

1. cowen

cowen Member

Any suggestion for the best drivers for the ATI 1900XT?

cowen

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
  3. If you plan on overclocking the X1900XT with ATI TOOL then avoid the 6.5's. I am sticking with the 6.3s until a new beta for ATI TOOL is released.

The problem is that anytime you play a game that uses a Video file like a MPG or AVI your clocks get reduced back to normal stock speeds and it does not have anything to do with the 2d-3d settings as I have those disabled. Plus this does ot happen in any other drivers versions from ATI.

4. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

Well, I don't OC, so....

5. Then go with the 6.5's as you will have the latest and greatest.:)

6. SWEBarb

SWEBarb Active Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    6.3 are best for now if u want stability and able to use ati tool.

7. No doubt and thats why I am using the 6.3's. Whats up with ATI TOOL and the 6.5's????? I have never been so pissed as to when I updated to the 6.5's only to find out that ATI TOOL did not hold the overclocks.:mad3:

8. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    It's because ATI don't make drivers and then make sure there compatable with 3rd party tools such as ATITool, why would they?

Drivers evolve, things change, so these utilities have to do the same if people want them to continue working with ATI drivers.

9. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Theres also the new Rivatuner that works with the 6.5s if you want to OC. Works well for me. Apparently it doesnt change memory timings (unless you enable that) so it is faster (though I think it goes back to that whole "whats better, tighter timings or higher mhz" thing).

10. Well I wasnt implying that they should.

11. Thanks I will keep that in mind if ATI TOOL does not update soon.