Best Drivers for 9800GX2?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Slient Bob, May 20, 2008.

1. Slient Bob

Slient Bob Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GX2 - 24" Dell 2408WFP
    I get my New PC Saturday with a 9800GX2! I want to install the best driver and never have to think about it again, atleast for a while!

Which is the best driver/most stable as I dont want to get into the whole business of installing every posible driver just for minimal gains! Just a solid performing driver and Ill be happy! :banana:

I figure the the newest official driver from Nvidia may be good enough but just wondered if anyone with the 9800GX2 had an oppinion!

I understand it varies with different things but any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also, is there a certain level I could overclock it to which would be guaranteed to not affect its stability and how would I go about doing this! Without any extra cooling, changes in voltages or whatever...

Thanks!

2. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    No driver acts the same on all computers. You really need to try them but for me it's the 174.74 whql's from nvidia. Gives me a 59fps average in crysis benchmark 1680x1050 DX9 mode . And 53fps average in DX10 both on high.

As for overclocking just hang fire, i'd be be very suprized if you feel the need to. Also you really wana make sure all your temps are good before adjusting the core clocks on these gpu's as they run pretty hot.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  3. Ppzek

Ppzek Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870
    174.74 also here...been running my GTX smoothly for +-2 months now.

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Running 175.16 WHQL everything works with no problems. COD4 included. Some people have problems with that game, but none here. Most of those people own BFG 9800GX2 also...strange...

5. Slient Bob

Slient Bob Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GX2 - 24" Dell 2408WFP
    Thanks for the replies! I have a couple to try there and Illstay clear of Overclocking!

Thanks