Best drivers for 8800GTS SSC in sli?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Rob Wilco, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Rob Wilco

Rob Wilco Member

GPU:
    eVGA/8800GTS/640mb/sli
    Hi Guys, Currently I'm using older drivers for my 8800 GTSs, and it works fine for most games without a problem, it's really only the game "Spore" that gives me any trouble about needing updated drivers to be able to even play. And I would just update to the newest ones, except (and they've had this problem in the past) I can't force vsync on with the new drivers. It gives you the option, but it doesn't actually do it in games like battlefield 2 (which have no vsync option in game). So I'm wondering if there's a version you all think is the best for what I have? (If there is?)

And on a side note, both cards are SSC editions (super super clocked)
    and each core clock is at 575, but I was wondering, do you guys think it would kill them to overclock their core clocks to 600mhz each?? (So long as under load they don't get too hot?)

Thanks!

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    im no expert but have u used rivatuner 2.11? if u install that you can enable driver lvl overclocking..

its very low-risk way of doing it. I used it prev on a 9800gtx and got me a nice overclock.

Btw enable the driver lvl overclocking in 3d mode (you dont need to bother with the other settings).

About the rest of your post im not 2 sure :) sry

(you can manually overclock but look up some figures for what others have managed but also you can overclock your cards with riva as well)

3. Rob Wilco

Rob Wilco Member

GPU:
    eVGA/8800GTS/640mb/sli
    heh, I know how to overclock, my question was if you think it would be stable to clock it a little higher even though it's superclocked to begin with. And then of course my other question was just wondering what the best driver version would be for my 8800GTS's, but thanks for trying.

4. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The best newest driver from Nvidia is 178:15, and going from 575 to 600Mhz is definitely safe... since its like only 25Mhz higher