Best Drivers for 6600GT?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ProfBP, Jul 12, 2005.

1. bopchie612

bopchie612 Guest

XG 77.62 Type 3 works best for me2

2. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4850
    go for the 77.62/xg type 3..go for it man..i got a major improvement of about 5-8 fps in most games i played and bout 80marks improvement in 3dmark 05 and 100mark improvement in 3dmark 03 compared to 71.89..use driver cleaner b4 installin though

3. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    and do please tell me how did u instal the xg and came up with such an error..tell me step by step ur installation procedure..maybe i can help

4. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    Well I uninstalled my old drivers, rebooted in to safe mode and ran the diver cleaner, rebooted back to normal and tried to install and for some odd reason it didn't install all the way, I am thinkin of trying it agian. For some odd unexplianable reason I have lost some of my performance on one of my flight sims, CFS2. One one airrcaft I first used I was getting 60FPS when just looking out side at it, and since I have reinstalled and uninstalled drivers, while I get 60FPS inside the Virtual Cockpit and looking at the 2D panel, outside I only get about 40FPS, what happend to the 20FPS?!:eek:

I did a bench with my current set up with all right task bar operations stopped, at least the ones I could shut down in any case. And I got a 3Dmark05 bench of 3445, is that any good?:rolleyes:

5. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    a 3dmark05 score of 3445 without oc'ing ur current system is very good ....

6. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    Cool. :D

7. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    what do u mean by it didnt install all the way..? btw ur 3dmark is pretty decent :) look at mine..its just bout the same

8. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    well I did hit the install and it did seem to work, but I dunno what went on. I'll try it agian. I got that score with 77.50 drivers.

9. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    I have had no problem with the official 77.72's. Performance is good also.

10. dismal

dismal Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP / 81.94
    9500pro owning 6600gt in BF2

Hey all, good question. What indeed are the best drivers for BF2 on a 6600GT AGP. I have seen people replying to others but many have replied without taking into consideration their motherboards chipset and if their processor is an amd or a intel. So let me make it clear that a response really is only valid if the messenger is helping the one who needs help and has the same motherboard chipset. Nvidia drivers are off the hook from one chipset to another. I have an 865PE chipset with a 3.0Ghz Northwood.

NO AA or AF Is used at all in any of the post below or above so as to obtain accurate tests. And all are at 1024x768.

Now on to my topic, basicly my Radeon 9500Pro with any Cat 5.XX driver totally owns my Leadtek 6600GT AGP in BF2. However in all the other games the 6600GT owns the 9500Pro. I was running insane high quality with my 9500PRO.

Here is a tweak in BF2 for ultra High Quality.
    High Quality = 3
    Ultra High = 4
    So change the 3's to 4's for the following options

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002\Video.con

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3

My 9500Pro ran BF2 like LIQUID with TerrainQuality,
    GeometryQuality, and LightingQuality all at Ultra High and the rest of the options were all medium. My 6600GT Can't even do half that! I have to fun BF2 at 3,3,2,2,2,3,2,3 with the 6600GT. That's a mix of High and Medium.

So basicly as you can see I am quite frustrated with my 6600GT but it's not the cards fault, it must be a BF2 or a driver issue WITH BF2. I get a right on par 3D 2003 Mark of 8,400 and other games run super smooth and faster than my 9500Pro ever could.

Drivers tried, first the 77.72 then the XG 77.62 Type 3 which had terrible performance and bogged down my entire system just using my computer in 2D mode was a pain in the ass with them, and now using the beta 80.40's with more luck than the other two and very smooth computer performance but still really weak in BF2.

I have noticed the shader bug in BF2 with and without the 1.1 patch from EA on the 9500Pro and 6600GT. This does not seem to cause the performance loss but is just an ugly bug. I can't figure out what this performance loss in BF2 is to blame on. If anyone has some suggestions or some other drivers to mention then please do.

Try at that tweak, I reccomend setting the first 3 with 4's and the rest medium 2's. Very nice looking and fast, at least it was with my 9500Pro. Like I said my 6600GT can not handle it.

...dismal...

Leadtek 6600GT AGP Benchmarks
    3dM2005 - 3447
    3dM2003 - 8400

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005

11. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    mine can do everything to the fullest with no probs at all(1024x768 no aa no af ).the only prob i have is slowdown whenever i start the game and i wholly blame it on my ram n the buggy patch that ea released

12. dismal

dismal Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP / 81.94
    found that 77.50 downloaded from guru work best for me in BF2 and all around work great in any game. getting super smooth fps in bf2 40-60 fps constant, no jittering, stuttering.

sound quality on medium, set to software render and eax off. been messing with the sound settings. a high quality soundcard is a big part of how many fps you get in games. with my soundblaster live 5.1 i am pretty bottlenecked right there. had eax working on hardware and medium settings, and after about 6 tests the sound started popping on me and i could not get that issue to go away so back to medium and software. too bad because wow the game sounds great with eax enabled. hmm.

here is my video config and like i said everything is running smooth. even got AA on 2x, only textures and shadows are on medium. i hope this helps anyone that was having issues like me and the many of us.

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 2
    VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 2
    VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@70Hz
    VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 2Samples
    VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
    VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3