Best Driver for Geforce GTX 560M?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Aztek87, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Aztek87

Aztek87 Active Member

GPU:
    NV Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
    Hello I have an older Asus G74 laptop and it has a Geforce GTX 560m, can play anything at highest settings with FXAA as long as I don't push it past 1600x900 which is my laptop's native res.

One thing I have noticed is that with any newer driver update I have noticed my perfomance get worse even with the same settings as always, right now I have the beta 313.96 installed.

So my question to the enthusiasts is, which is the recommended driver for this older GPU?

Thank you for your time.

2. GabeA

GabeA Member

GPU:
    550M@823/1140RAM (GF116)
    It is most intriguing that you're experiencing slowdown with the newer drivers, as they were intended to grant performance increases on the 5XX series in most cases. Perhaps you're only seeing degradation in certain specific situations (corner cases). Have you done in-game benchmarks between the games that have them?

I have a 550m (GF116) overclocked from ~450 to 823MHz, RAM from 899MHz to 1140MHz. I think this should be fairly similar to your 560m.

I have not noticed any performance increases from 310.x to 313 or 314.x, though, and since these later branches all still seem to be in beta, this might explain the anomalous performance for you. Maybe sticking to the 310.x series is your best bet until a "final" version of this new branch is released -- or stay on 310.x until the 320 series.

[edit]

Actually, you might want to give my TITAN drivers a shot. They'll install right away on your rig.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. joykay

joykay New Member

GPU:
    Thank you for your time

4. DominicoGame

DominicoGame New Member

GPU:
    GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

5. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    this post is 8 months old! lol

anyway those drivers should work fine for your system but i would recommend trying latest drivers from nvidia.com