Best driver for BC2?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Steppis, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Hi.
    Ive tried searching the forum and well.. didnt feel like reading trough hundreds of post's. so.
    Ive got two HD5870 "XT" cards.. the card runs ****ty on 10.8 and down. But with all these modded and beta drivers and such i can sitt all night trying to find a driver that works.
    So im turning to you guys and asking for help to recommend me a driver configuration with bc2 that works..

Thanx Guy's.

2. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    I can't speak for Crossfire anymore but 10.8 runs like butter in BC2 on my single 5870.

3. dakon

dakon Member

GPU:
    MSI 6990 & 6970
    For crossfire, I have had the best luck with 10.5a with the all CAP installed, including the 10.8 series.

4. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    10.5a without a doubt.

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Just tried the latest 10.8b hotfix and they suck, getting anything from 40-80 fps with them averaging 65 and pressing tab to bring scoreboard at anytime results in a drop to 40 fps guaranteed all the time.

10.5a game is running 80-120fps all the time with average of 90 and no drops when pressing tab to bring scoreboard.

10.5a = Best Crossfire / 5970 driver.

ATI = Fail with every driver since.

6. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    does anybody managed to make AA work with this game..?? i dont see any difference neither from the game setting nor from Ati catalyst...AA does not work...i see juggie graphics on the rooftops and buildings...any working driver..?? :mad: ah.. ATI...i use latest drivers with 10.8a cap...:bang:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  7. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    thanx. I will try out the 10.5a :)
    im shocked over how ati can make the 10.5a driver work great with the BC2 as you guy's say's then just remove the optimization on newer drivers..

8. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    10.5a cat + 10.8a app prof=Works great!!!

9. x-ume

x-ume New Member

GPU:
    xfx 5970 cf
    Same for me, fast load times and 140-200fps running dirx11@1680*1050.

Tried 10.6-10.8 with app = slow load times and slower fps.

Game maxes out at 200fps "flat lines @ 200fps"

10. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    10.5a + 108a AP didnt work for me.. horrible loading time and performence..

Official 10.5 + 10.5a AP worked for me..

11. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    Well im back again with issues.
    I recently installed 10.9 with 10.9 app profiles.. worked great one run with BC2.. the next time i ran the game.. the bugs and performence drop is back.. rolled back to 10.5 and it works but then the sc2 problems accure.

Need some advice again.. Any thoughts on the bc2 problem? i cant figure out the performence and glitch/bugs.. loading time.. gray screen at kit menu that lags like a bi***.

12. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    +1 ..

13. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 1GB
    I too am having problems with this game. Im currenlty using 10.9 and so far is the same or worse than 10.8.

Later im gonna try with 10.5 + 10.8a AP.

Oh, and by the way, AA works fine for me. The difference between 1xAA and 4xAA is HUGE, but have in mind that the jaggies won't go entirely.

Can you link me the 10.5a AP, please?

Thanks.

14. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
  15. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    im on 10.4, anything up from there had very slow loading times. the only issue i get with 10.4 is a weird flashing in the game but the drivers seems the best right now for me, and yeah im on 2 5870s

16. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    I had to set Cat AI to Advanced to get good performence. But that mean that im not running crossfire then? i havent checked with a GPU monitor.. well well... long loading time is gone but i get a very laggy screen (around 1 fps) with a gray background in kit menu uppon joining the map. I removed the DX files in hte bc2 install folder and the gray laggy screen went away until next time i booted up me beloved bc2.
    Also i get the wierd flashing.. like the enviroment gets all pitch black.. the hud and all other stuff is there.. but pitch black enviroment. But i belive thats something with the game.. cause it dosnt matter if your on ATI or Nvidia.. the wierd flashes accour for both..

But if someone has a fix for the Grey screen and crossfire.. i would be happy..