Best Driver for 1050 Ti

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by 1050 Ti, Jan 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 1050 Ti

1050 Ti New Member

GPU:
    1050 Ti
    Hello i hope you all are doing fine, if not, i hope it gets better. I have been reviewing some drivers that i think could work fine, but i would like to know your opinion. I play some AAA games, which driver would you recommend me to use?

2. fear029

fear029 Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX980 D
    PM'd you. But, most people will say 'always the latest/newest driver released'.

loracle likes this.
  3. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Software goes with drivers. Driver should never be older than Operating System. Try figuring out what windows version and build you have to find equivalents.

"Latest is always the best and greatest", goes with both OS update and DRV upd.

fear029 likes this.
  4. 1050 Ti

1050 Ti New Member

GPU:
    1050 Ti
    I havea fresh 20H2.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What best driver for one person is not always the best for another, no one pc is build same hw and same software and same drivers, only you decided which is best for your system and card,

hemla and fear029 like this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    461.09 is very good.

DanielRX likes this.
  7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    It's because the standard answer for which driver is best should always be the latest one, unless that user faces an issue with their system, in which case they report the issue to nVidia and revert back to the last/best working driver that they used until the new issue is resolved.

D1stRU3T0R and fear029 like this.
  8. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    For Pascal, from modern drivers, 457.00 Vulkan is relatively fast in most benchmarks and overall 3D performance but it's also bit buggy(occasionally driver will crash). I did not try newer Vulkan versions so I am comparing it to latest GameReady drivers. Also take note that sometimes one driver will be better in Benchmark A while other will be better in Benchmark B and they will be same in Benchmark C, so it's very case-specific.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    fear029 likes this.
  9. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    442.59 or 446.14.

enkoo1 likes this.
  10. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I have tested 457.67(I know it's older driver but I'm slow) and it's even faster than 457.00 on my GTX1060, one of fastest drivers since 3xx.xx series. Moreover the crashing, while still present isn't as common as before. Oddly, RGB settings disappeared from "change resolution" tab but sometimes I am getting "integer scaling" checkbox appear in "adjust desktop size and position" tab, it's just greyed out(and yes, sometimes because sometimes it doesn't appear there at all - Vulkan Betas are really odd drivers).

11. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    My GTX 1070 FTW (same Pascal architecture) is still rocking on my parent's computer, and it deserves always the latest driver. No issues, all bugs fixed, and best compatibility, always go for the latest.

12. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 OC
    457.71 are decent too for that gpu

13. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    always go with the latest