Best Controller for windows

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by rap1021, Apr 7, 2018.

1. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    Hello All,

I am buying a controller/gamepad for the first time, but cant decide which one to buy.
    i need a wireless one, which is idle for all genres of games and not just one.
    I have seen quite a few, microsoft being the best it seems.
    Price no problem, but it should support all games.
    I want a Play station or xbox type controller and not a joystick.

StewieTech likes this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    then use a ps4 or xbox controller?

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    In my opinion , best gamepad out there at this moment = Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00ZDNNRB8

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Xbox one controller with the wireless adapter for windows 10 is an good choice, if you are on windows 10, So is the steam controller if you can get used to it's layout and it touch pads. I own both of them and they both works really good, I found the steam controller overall to be good with many different types of games that I have tried. It can be configure with in steam for any layout and game config that you want including the community profiles. There is a learning curved and doesn't work games in the windows store that's really the only con to it. But being able to config it for any game is an major plus for it, including racing games where you can either use the community profiles to have it setup with grid,dirt as an steering wheel using the gyro and the triggers for gas and brake for example. Over all I found it to work with all types of games, once you're used to it layout.

Also for non steam games, it will also work with them too, as long you add there short cuts into steam. Only exception is the windows store games.

The xbox one controller so far is doing an good job and I was able to play gears of war 4 with it alright, better then I thought i could, but I found using the steam controller for 3rd person/fps games to be easier due to the touch pads and the option of using gyro which I used to snipe.

airbud7 likes this.

5. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    For some reason steam controller costs about $200 in my country.
    So I guess xbox wireless controller is the one for me.
    Thanks for your help mate.

6. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Just get some decent rechargeable batteries and spare so you can replace them while the others recharge for no downtime and better for the environment I guess. :p

7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    The xbox one controler for sure. I have one, its great.

airbud7, rap1021 and warlord like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Yeap is great I love mine, especially if you have money to share, Xbox Elite is the pinnacle of controllers, I envy those who have it :D.

StewieTech likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    depend on what you prefer DS style or Xbox style lay out? I perfer DS style as such options are limited, Logitech Cordless rumblepad 2/310 and 510 and F710, only pc controlers i know about, if if xbox style you like you can just get xbox controller,

I just fix the 2 anaolg stick buttons on my cordless rumblepad 2 so there isnt a massive gap bettween clicking of the those buttons, cause I didnt want run my luck on F710 cause i hear lots nightmares about it, and I hate xbox controllers and there for there layout