Best Browser ?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by iLovPieNCake, Feb 26, 2008.

1. iLovPieNCake

iLovPieNCake Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285
    Well, I have never been a big fan of any browser other than IE. I had to use Firefox a little on my trip to Poland one and I found it nice(Loved the tabs). Came back waited a little still doing the same old, same old. IE 7 came out and I loved the new one. Recently by dad started using Firefox for my laptop which had crappy signal sometimes, I liked it. Loved the Skins that you cant get for IE 7. It was faster or at least seemed like it. Now I am hearing about Opera and Maxthon from PC World which say they are very good browsers. I like them, Opera is awesome but it really drifts from IE 7 controls which I have memorized and doesn't have spell check like Firefox but is awesome with Tabs(Well, duh, since it created them) and I still have skins. Maxthon I haven't tried. Opera seems slightly edeged to Firefox but only by a little. Love the Image loading bar like 40/42 images, etc. Anyone wanna share their experience or wanna give me insight.

2. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    I have to give it to Opera.

3. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Tie between Opera and Firefox. Technically probably Opera but my personal preference is Firefox.

4. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    firefox ftw

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I use Firefox because I don't know any better, but if Opera and/or Safari have extensions and features as useful as Firefox, go for it.

6. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Internet Explore 7+, i dont like firefox because it use a little bit of more ram and since i am lazy to use other Browser i use IE7+

7. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    Download both FireFox and Opera, configure both, and then try them for a week or so and decide.

8. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I use Firefox. It's slower than my actual favorite, IE6, but the functions make it more usable.When I need speed though, it's good old number six.

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Opera, of course. Why anyone would anything else is beyond me :p I've exclusively used Opera for 8 years, and I'm not gonna change!

10. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000

11. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I usually recommend firefox... but its been crashing a lot on me lately so I'm using opera for my general browsing.

Safari is also good (and now avail on windoze) but it doesn't have as many features as opera or firefox, in fact its basically a rip off of firefox but without add ons. Although it does support color profiles, and its very lightweight in terms of RAM etc.

So anyway : Opera.

12. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Firefox + Adblock Plus uses fewest ressources of all browsers I've tested (IE7.0, Opera 9.2, Firefox 2.0) and has the IMO best adblocking solution.

13. anwaypasible

anwaypasible Banned

GPU:
    evga / 7900 GTO / 512mb @ 676/1554
    when you turn off java and flash and shockwave and and and.. of course the browser is safer.

heres the math.. if you play theres a chance you get hurt.

14. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    I know I will get destroyed, but I love Safari for windows. It's so unbloated and un cluttered. The only problems I've have with it is on the new version of gmail, but I've problems with Firefox on gmail too.

15. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    You won't :p

I like Firefox best. It seems to have the most compatibility with sites (and I use Rhapsody Online) and it seems to be the most customizable. My father likes Opera, but I find that it seems to stutter for some reason when opening web pages. I don't know a better way to describe this stuttering, but it happens on every PC he has it on. *shrugs*

Anyways, I also like Camino on Macs.

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Meh, Opera > IE7 > safari > IE6 > Firefox and the rest. (in order of speed, security and useability :D )

IE7 is pretty good, just make sure you've disabled Activex and java then your set.

17. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I've been a very loyal Firefox user, right back to the 0.1 versions, gone through couple name changes now.

But Version 3 has me a little concerned, they're starting to get too much market share and adding features they shouldn't be adding, instead of just keeping it a core and making extendable with the extensions.

The new drop down search bar when you type URL's for example is disgusting, at least give us options to turn it on/off.

18. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Before downplaying the awesomebar, understand why it is so good. Have you attempted to search your history and bookmarks from the url bar? Have you tagged your bookmarks and typed a tag in the url?

It truly is a great idea, and certainly not disgusting.

19. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yea, ok.

So now, you're a fast typer like myself, you know the exact URL you want to goto.

You start to type it in.

www.p

All of a sudden, it's starting to search for URL names, Titles of the pages, everything.

And instead of just hitting enter, or down enter, you now have this huge list of other things that are there, and what you want is 5 places down.

That's fine, whatever, if you like it, cool, but there's others out there like myself who thinks it should work like every other browser works, and just give us the URL.

Not the URL, the Title, the description, Icons, and all that other guff.

There should be a check box to turn it off and on, even if it defaults to on.

20. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    It is actually very accurate, much more so than any other browser. It also learns, and brings your most searched ones to the top, so next time it is quicker. If you have been using the beta, there have been a lot of improvements in the nightly builds. Also Opera is not much different, just not so visual in that it does not give a description. For me it is excellent, having the title of the page saves a lot of time.

Also linking bookmarks is great, I love the fact I can tag all my online buying sites with "buy" and they all pop up.