Best Brand Of Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by _A-c-3_, Jun 15, 2007.

1. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I completely understand where you're coming from as they're UK based. However, unless you volt-mod, BIOS flash, dosomethingstupid, you shouldn't have to go through any RMA process. ;)

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    no all the time when i had two leadteks come 4-5 yrs ago(at the time i did not know a vr from hole in ground)one was doa.
    the bastages did not even speak any sort of engish, sort of how i type lol

3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    That's unfortunate. I haven't had a Leadtek fail on me yet. *Crosses fingers*

4. gold_heart007

gold_heart007 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX N560Ti TwinFrozr2
    From the list...Leadtek has to be the best pick!!
    Apart from that...what about Gainward?? :D

5. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I would agree BUT you have to consider the location of the buyer in each case. I personally don't mind being located in the U.S. and purchasing a product from a company based out of the UK, but there are those that would. Gainward and Leadtek are by far the most popular of the overseas brands.

6. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Last time we had a big thread comparing all the manufacturers, someone was banned... so lets take it easy!

I personally would always go with EVGA. The warranty is awesome, especially how you can add any HSF you want, and the steup up program is a great idea. Another huge plus in my books, the shims they have are very aesthetically pleasing, unlike the ones with strange animals/fairys/scantly clad women/ads for games.
    My least favorite is BFG, on account of how they give you a tiny OC then charge you $30 for it. (In Canada, at least)

7. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    May i ask why someone got banned? Did it turn into a flame war or something?

8. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    The answer is very simple, if you live in North America the best brand IMHO is eVGA, very good customer service, RMA service, warranties, and Tech support. Then comes BFG, very good RMA service, but their Tech support isn't all that, and they have good warranties. After that comes XFX, so far I have not dealt with them regarding anything, yet, but the double lifetime warranty is a good thing.

So, to sum it up, eVGA, then BFG, then XFX.

P.S. I have had PNY in the past but I don't recommend them.

9. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Yeah, things got very heated. People are very fond of certain manufacturers :p

10. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Yes they are. After you have been around a while, you tend to warm up to other manufacturer's OUTSIDE of your own personal experience based on positive feedback from trusted members.

Good idea to give everyone a heads up Kon$olE.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I think the poorest company is Gainward. I had two or was it three broken 6800 GT "GS" card one after another. Fan was so loud that I still can not believe it. Dunno if things have changed after all that company has been sold for another maker after I bought that "mistake". Best Nvidia card (or card) I (have) own(ed) is ASUS GeForce 6600 AGP, that's something else it idled at 32c and it did not go above 50c even when oced crazily.

12. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I personally like gainward, only because they are a smaller company and i like supporting underdogs ;)

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    PALIT expertvision

Best out ther...Ther cheap.....Always Volt moddable...And Actually have Good quality CHips

14. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek AMD HD7850
    i haven't had experience with any other company for nvidia, except VisionTek (gf3) and EVGA (7800GT).

I believe visiontek went over to ATI side. But I'm loving my 7800GT. Great cards with a great price. Never had to RMA or call tech support, since I've never had a problem with it.

(according to other people, they are good with their Customer Relations)

15. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I know what you mean, some people are actually unreasonable when it comes to different manufacturers, even more so when it comes to ATi or NVIDIA and AMD or Intel. I can understand preference, i have my own preferences but i can acknowledge that other brands can have better features/specs/looks etc.

Frankly it doesn't surprise me that someone could get so irate about what brand is best, but it still seems completely stupid that such a thing could happen. I realise that some people will stick by a brand come hell or high water, especially when someone might have spent a lot of money on that one brand, this is probably to do with self justification for spending a lot of money, or.......... something.

Back to the subject,since Deadman93723 mentioned it, i had a PNY card too and found it was very good for overclocking. It was a GeForce FX 5700LE, at the time i had very little knowledge about such things and got it from PC World cause they said it was half price, if i had known what i know now i wouldn't of got it but it was a good card for overclocking and served me well for a a good year and still works today.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh dont worry cus i had 8 oher leadtek cards,np very good cards.i dont mean to nock them at all cetp' what i mentioned.

17. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I too have an FX 5700LE and it was a monster overclocker. Stock clocks on that card are 250/400 and mine easily achieved 410/625. Quite impressive without a voltmod and all on the stock cooler!

18. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    1. XFX
    1. eVGA

choice being if you prefer the double warranty or the step-up program

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    i like bfg evga the best